FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Flight Simulator X Profile for FreeTrack v2.1

RSS >  Flight Simulator X Profile for FreeTrack v2.1
jamesnorman93 #1 31/01/2008 - 00h01

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 30/01/2008

Off line Mail

Install Instructions:
1. Open "FreeTrack v2.1"
2. Click on "Output" at the top of the program (Circled Red in Picture 1)
3. Tick the box next to "Filght Simulator X (SimConnect)" near the bottom of    the program (Circled Yellow in Picture 1)
4. Download and open this file (it contains the FSX profile)
Click Here to download the FSX Profile for FreeTrack v2.1 or Copy Picture 2's settings below  :D

5. Copy the "Flight Simulator X.fgp" file into "C:\Program Files\FreeTrack\Profiles"
6. Run "FreeTrack v2.1"
7. Click on "Profile" at the top of the program (Circled Green in Picture 2)
8. Click on "Flight Simulator X" near the top of the screen (Highlighted Blue in Picture 2)
9. Done!!!

Picture 1:
Posted Image

Picture 2:
Posted Image

Enjoy!!! :D
Rein #2 09/02/2008 - 13h19

Registered on : 05/08/2007

Off line

Thanks I will give it a try and let you know how it works for me.
nvhlvnop #3 12/02/2008 - 19h04

Registered on : 12/02/2008

Off line

I didn't like the way it felt.  After playing around with the software for a while, I found the curves to be more helpful than simply adjusting the sensitivity values.  My pitch and yaw sensitivity is lower (around 40-50) because of the way I adjusted the curves.  I found that you want to adjust your curves in a way to get the sensitivity as low as you can.  This eliminates a lot of jerky movement.  For example, I adjusted the yaw curve so that my limits are about +/- 100 degrees.  I really don't need to look behind me in an airplane since I'll just see my seat.  I then turned my head as far as I could before the LEDs dropped out from the camera and started with the sensitivity at zero and slowly dragged it up (keeping my head turned to where I want the upper limit to be) until the skull reached the 100 degree limit I set.  This enables me to keep the sensitivities much lower.   Hope that helps.
ZefleR #4 13/02/2008 - 07h35

Registered on : 11/02/2008

Off line

nvhlvnop .. can you post your config file for us to download?

Regards

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Flight Simulator X Profile for FreeTrack v2.1

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).