FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  VX-1000 limited to 20fps...:(, getting desperate
petronio #1 11/01/2008 - 17h44

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 11/01/2008

Off line

So thats the problem, dont know what to do anymore, I have a quite recente pc, have IL-2 1946, not yet tried with freetrack, but have been trying the recently bought webcam and I dont get more than 20fps :(, tried with SSe2/MMX, different windows sizes, disabling auto-exposure, and and and, I also removed the filter and added that black piece from a 1,44mb disk in from of the cam. ALso installed again direct x, what else can I do :(? SOrry I know this is the usual question but dont know what to do..thank you for you help

ps: forgot to mention I have a one led cap ;)
Edited by petronio on 11/01/2008 at 17h46.
RomD #2 11/01/2008 - 18h13

Registered on : 04/01/2008

Off line

Did you follow the steps in here:
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=322

To set 30 FPS:
1. Set AE on (default) and exposure value to 0 (or little higher).
2. Put some light on scene to disable AE and receive 30 FPS.
3. Disable AE.
4. Switch off light - you should still receive 30 FPS.

As mentioned in the thread you need a program to enable the disabled checkbox (google for EnableButton, TurnItOn or WindowsEnabler).

Worked for me  ;)
petronio #3 11/01/2008 - 20h22

Off line

Hey RomD, it worked for me, too!!!!  :D  :D  Thanks I had not seen that post. just one more question about that, do you have to do that every time you run freetrack?? I guess so, it's not very practical but better than 20 fps ;) . thanks again
RomD #4 12/01/2008 - 03h23

Off line

No, you just have to do it once, the settings are saved then :)
Kestrel #5 12/01/2008 - 03h37

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

I added TurnItOn and WindowsEnabler links to the Software FAQ under AE problems.

I wonder if enable button software would work for the cameras currently in the incompatible list...
RomD #6 12/01/2008 - 05h21

Off line

Sorry, TurnItOn doesn't work. I found it when i had the problem with my QuickCam Express and thought it functioned, but i can't drag the cursor on the checkbox.
However, EnableButton and WindowsEnabler are working fine and I wondered whether it's possible to include such a function in the next FreeTrack release. To hook into the camera settings window when it's opened and automatically enable all forms in there.
petronio #7 12/01/2008 - 10h36

Off line

Ok, thank you RomD, thats even better.
Thats a good idea Kestrel thank you in the name of everyone, I encountered some people in youtube asking where to download the enabler. byee
petronio #8 12/01/2008 - 19h07

Off line

Just made a new great discovery and wanted to share the idea with everyone but probably specially with those who are using this webcam.
As I managed to get to the 30 fps I had afterwards problem because the cam wouldn't barely recognise the led and a slightly greater angle, I had to reset the cam, then it worked but it used to move around the cockpit quite slow and a bit interruptedly so here's what I finally did:

The filter is still removed from the webcam but all settings are the default ones, only set it to "outdoors". Even auto-exposure is default. Then I removed that piece from the floppy disc I had put in fron of it. You can imagine that the webcam started to recognise more things than just the led, for instance my face ;), so the trick is to instead of lowering the threshold, putting it higher until all lights are not anymore visible, just the led..and man now it really works great. it recognises the led at very high angles and it works very very fluent now, no intermittent movements anymore. The fps is now at 25 and jitters at 8 or 9 or so but doesn't matter at all, works great now, hope it can be of any help to other people. This is my 1-cap system, as simple and as effective as that :) sorry for the bad quality picture...

Posted Image
Kestrel #9 13/01/2008 - 04h10

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

RomD @ 12/01/2008 - 06h21 a dit:

I wondered whether it's possible to include such a function in the next FreeTrack release. To hook into the camera settings window when it's opened and automatically enable all forms in there.

Expect it in the next release, I've implemented it similar to WindowsEnabler so you need to click on the greyed option to enable it.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).