FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Profile for Condor is now available !

RSS >  Profile for Condor is now available !
didja #1 04/08/2007 - 20h03

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 09/07/2007

Off line Www

Hello !

A profile for FreeTrack v.1.1 is now available for using with Condor : The Competition Soaring Simulator :

http://freetrack.online.fr/english/multimedia/profils.php

Thanks to polikarpov5 who's sent it !

Rémy
Posted Image
BlindVision #2 13/02/2008 - 12h46

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/02/2008

Off line Www

Is there some work around to get ALL 6DOFs, or maybe just TILT axis?.

From my own flying experience (Gliders/Sailplanes, Real life) i miss the last 4 DOFs which real help on not getting Spacial Disorientation, when doing the extreme (acrobatics).

hey Réme/didja, i see you post on the official site
-DO YOU fly (or have flown) real gliders too??? -its a passion/lifestyle -i havent got time time rigth now  :( .

Troels / Denmark. -flight sims on a 4/3 meters DIY Projection  :D
FREE TRACK, great piece a software YOU RULE.
support FREETRACK developers, the do it FREE for you -HELP them/yourself help others.
-another fun DIY thing to do, works with Free-Track too, HAVE A LOOK
didja #3 13/02/2008 - 13h00

Webmaster (admin)

Off line Www

Hello ! :D

Unfortunately, it's absolutely impossible to get all 6DOF with Condor... I could read in the official forum that they would all be available in the future version...

But there is a way to get the Z axis (zoom) with a little tip...
Have a peak in the links page and look for "ZoomTracker". It will convert the Z (from FreeTrack) axis into hitten keys (in Condor) : set they keys you have set in Condor and you are going to get the Zoom working ! :)

About your other question... :) I do fly real gliders ! :) I got my license last summer and I have now something like 40hours in my "fly book" (carnet de vol)... It's really great and I'm really lucky with "scholarships" I was given by the french federation...

Have you flown yourself ? :)

Have a nice day !

Rémy
Posted Image
BlindVision #4 13/02/2008 - 13h47

Registered on : 13/02/2008

Off line Www

Thanks, i will have to play around to get the Zoom working !, COOL they/Condor will make it work later.

Have you flown yourself ?
YES/and no -i was takeing the gliders S-Catificate, and got to the point were i was flying around alone, no instructor.
And flying gliders in Denmark (bad weather most of the time for that) -so it is a lifesyle, we left work, if the job allowed -and went gliding, when the coulds where starting to form. -SO it was kind of time consuming (BUT VERY GREAT). -Luckily a that time a became a father, and decided to spend my life -BEING a father, rater that my girl just had a father.

-so that left me, a Wonderful girl -and a Craving for going up again (i just got the chills/and my arm hair i standing out)  MAN i miss that feeling of being free.

i have flown:
ASK-21 (2 seater)
ASK-23 (ASK-21/23 is fully approved for acrobatics)
Janus C. (2 seater)
PW5
Lehrmeister (good for spin recovery)
Dimona (motor glider, 2 seater)
pictures of the planes, where i flew http://www.silkeborgflyveklub.dk/web/default.asp?MenuID=69 , sorry could not get the http:// funktion to work

A nice day to you too Rémy
and btw: CONGRATULATIONS on getting the Licens

Troels
Edited by BlindVision on 13/02/2008 at 13h52.
support FREETRACK developers, the do it FREE for you -HELP them/yourself help others.
-another fun DIY thing to do, works with Free-Track too, HAVE A LOOK
didja #5 13/02/2008 - 18h03

Webmaster (admin)

Off line Www

You flew some great gliders ! I know the Dimona, a member of my aeroclub has his own and he once allowed me to fly with him over the Pyrénnées ! It was a tremendous day !!! And I have heard about the Janus C and it seems it's one of the best two seats gliders !!!

About your choices, I reallt admire the sentence you wrote : "I decided to spend my life -BEING a father, rater that my girl just had a father." !!! :D :)

Good flights with Condor and FreeTrack ! :)

Rémy
Posted Image
DPLUIGI #6 15/02/2008 - 02h53

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 04/01/2008

Off line

Hey Rémy,

I hope is well for you in France.  Did you get Condor and Freetrack re-installed since your computer problems?  When you get Condor profile tuned up again on your computer for FT2.1, could you post it for comparison.  It is working on my set-up but sometimes I am not sure if I have webcam/point model issue or tracker parameters issue.

On a different note, I won't tell my wife but I am thinking of getting the full license to be able to fly online with people and with more planes and scenery.  It is a little pricey being unemployed and the euro/dollar exchange rate being so stiff for us here in the USA.  So maybe I'll see you online and you can show me around or kick my ass at some tricky task in the Alps or the Pyrenees.

Thank you in advance,
A+
Donat
didja #7 15/02/2008 - 05h55

Webmaster (admin)

Off line Www

Hello Donat ! ;)

I have flew last saturday ! It was great ! :)

Since my hollidays are beginning this friday, I would try to fly a bit... :) Maybe we could try to have a flight together ! ;)

About the full license... If you buy it, have a peak just there : http://www.condorsim.fr/communaute/topic3517.html or you could still get some problems ! ;)

G' day !

Rémy
Edited by didja on 15/02/2008 at 17h22.
Posted Image
DPLUIGI #8 15/02/2008 - 08h55

Off line

Rémy,

Regarding the Condor profile in FT2.1, with my settings I get dizzy really quickly.  It is better with yaw and pitch sensibility in the 70s and switching off any translation and roll.
Compare to the setting with 4-6DOF in IL2 FB and the 2DOF of Condor, IL2 is a lot more comfortable to use.  For example looking straight ahead after looking over you shoulder is easy, whereas in Condor I am chasing the view over shooting where I want to looking straight ahead.  The feeling is that in Condor the same amount of real head movement generate a larger angular span (feeling faster and more responsive, too much).

If you get a change could you paste in a message the full content of your *.fgp file corresponding to favorite setting for your Condor profile.

Regarding issue with cleaning the registry, I'll keep in mind if I have problems with new licensed install.

Did you also get the planes extension pack?
Is it worth the extra 10Euro?

Time to go to bet for me here - it is almost 1am.

Thanks,
Donat
didja #9 15/02/2008 - 17h25

Webmaster (admin)

Off line Www

I didn't buy the planes extension pac, don't need it yet. I think there are a lot of different gliders to play with withoud adding extra money ^^ but I think I will get it later anyway ^^ ...

Time to go to bet for me here - it is almost 1am.

Was the bet funny ? How much have you won ? ^^ :unsure: :D

Rémy ;)
Posted Image
DPLUIGI #10 15/02/2008 - 19h11

Off line

Remy, I bet you can guess how tired  must have been to want to go bet instead of bed.

Regarding a profile file for Condor under FreeTrack 2.1 (three point clip), *.fgp, do you or anyone else could please share theirs?   :)

It would be really helpful.  I am happy with the settup with IL2 but the wide field of vision displayed in Condor sim cockpit view makes tracked head movement generate view motions which are a little too much and can make you feel dizzy.  It is kind of simulator motion sickness.  :blink:   :stuart:  :unsure:  :rolleyes:

Maybe I should increase a dead zone in the straight ahead view as an attractor to help recenter the view, which I tend to swing past as I am over over correcting and it moves fast.

Thanks,
Donat
Edited by DPLUIGI on 15/02/2008 at 19h33.
didja #11 15/02/2008 - 20h53

Webmaster (admin)

Off line Www

DPLUIGI @ 15/02/2008 - 20h11 a dit:

Regarding a profile file for Condor under FreeTrack 2.1 (three point clip), *.fgp, do you or anyone else could please share theirs?   :)

Thanks,
Donat

I still use the 4 point cap... I guess I am not going to help... :wacko: But if I have a good profile, I'll post it anyway, it could help a bit, who know ? ^^

Good night ! :)

Rémy
Posted Image
orsica #12 19/02/2008 - 11h48

Registered on : 19/02/2008

Off line

Hallo!

Is there any particular setting in Condor software to enable the Free Track working? Is it enough to uncheck the mouse tile for view? Actually I'm able to make Free Track working fine with 29fps and few jitter (3 dots cap) but when I start condor no command is taken when I move my head. If Condor accepts only 2DOF what have I to set accordingly in FreeTrack software? Having only 2DOF shouldn't be better to use one dot only?

Thank you in advance

Carlo
didja #13 19/02/2008 - 17h02

Webmaster (admin)

Off line Www

Hi orsica ! :)

I think I just had to lauch FT before Condor and it works without doing anything else.

Just launch and activate FreeTrack before and it would work. :)

Rémy
Posted Image
orsica #14 19/02/2008 - 22h43

Registered on : 19/02/2008

Off line

Hi didja,
it's true, the problem was connected to the fact that I had the webcam software running toghether with FT and Condor. Stoppoing webcam software now condor receive the signal. Now I am going crazy trying to tune the system with 3 points cap. It seems that yaw takes only one direction (I use the "center" button) also if I move the head in both directions. With 1 point it works but not so realistic (is more dependent on the translation of the head than on rotation). Do you have any suggestion. The condor profile downloadable from the site is named for 4 dots:does it works also for 3 dots?

Thank you very much

Carlo
didja #15 20/02/2008 - 09h55

Webmaster (admin)

Off line Www

The profile was created with FT 2.0 and with a 4 points-cap model then I'm not sure it would help you... :wacko:

I don't play Condor anymore due to a problem with my PC then I guess I won't be able to create a new profile soon... :wacko: If I can I will ^^ !

If someone get an intersting profile, feel free to send me it, I would put it on the profile page.  :)

I'm sorry I can't help you that much... :s

Rémy
Posted Image

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Profile for Condor is now available !

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).