FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Can freetrack break Arma 2: CO?

RSS >  Can freetrack break Arma 2: CO?
pikmin124 #1 09/10/2015 - 06h05

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 09/10/2015

Off line

EDIT: SOLVED

I recently purchased Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead as part of the combined operations bundle on Steam. Arma 2 itself works fine, but every time I try to run Operation Arrowhead the launcher throws an unknown software exception ostensibly relating to something it called "trackir enhanced interface activation." I'm guessing that may be related to freetrack, and none of the usual fixes seem to be working. A bit of digging around on the steam forums informed me that running op arrowhead is supposed to integrate the two games into Combined Operations, so since I experimented a bit (successfully) with freetrack in Arma 2 before I tried to run op arrowhead, is it possible that having freetrack registered with Arma 2 broke Op Arrowhead when it tried to integrate?

Thanks,
pikmin124
Edited by pikmin124 on 09/10/2015 at 18h53.
Steph #2 09/10/2015 - 15h47

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

try to desinstall Freetrack, clean up registry, install Arrowhead launch it and reinstall Freetrack behind. That's how it works for me for Warthunder with the same error message.
pikmin124 #3 09/10/2015 - 18h52

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 09/10/2015

Off line

I had thought of that, but since I have absolutely no idea how I got freetrack working with Elite Dangerous, I didn't want to try it in case I messed that up.

Anyway, messing with the configuration files for arma got me nowhere, so I gave it a try. It works now.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know how uninstalling freetrack makes it work considering I've never had freetrack running while trying to run Op Arrowhead and tried clearing the control/configuration setting files? My comp sci knowledge is rather limited, but I don't see how they can affect each other under those circumstances.

Thanks for the help.
Edited by pikmin124 on 09/10/2015 at 18h54.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > Can freetrack break Arma 2: CO?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).