FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Construction help
awacs80 #1 06/01/2008 - 03h38

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 06/01/2008

Off line

I'm constructing a 3-point clip using Crashdome's instructions.  I'm up to the part of soldering the LEDs to the phone wire, but he kinda glosses over how I connect the ground.  On the page with the link to his PDF he says, "...the Flat Side of the LED is connected to the ground wire and the positive side is connected to a resistor."  I"m sure I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see how to connect all three LEDs to a single ground wire.  OK, sure, I could use some extra wire to do it, but is that what I'm supposed to do?  I don't see anywhere instructions about what size this thing is supposed to be, and it's hard to tell from the pictures.  I suppose if the prongs are short enough then the leads on the LEDs will reach back to the center of the device, but in all the pictures I've seen it looks bigger than that.  Any hints?

As I said I haven't seen anything saying how big this is supposed to be.  Does it matter?  The manual has very specific instructions for the 4-point headset, but not for the others.  Also, I see in the software that you can tell it the dimensions of the device.  What units are those dimensions in?

Thanks...
Kestrel #2 06/01/2008 - 04h51

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

awacs80 @ 06/01/2008 - 04h38 a dit:

I"m sure I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see how to connect all three LEDs to a single ground wire.  OK, sure, I could use some extra wire to do it, but is that what I'm supposed to do?

That's the only way to do it.  :)

I don't see anywhere instructions about what size this thing is supposed to be, and it's hard to tell from the pictures.

Using the 5mm LEDs as a reference for scale, CrashDome's model looks a little on the small side.

As I said I haven't seen anything saying how big this is supposed to be.

Use the software defaults as a guide.

Also, I see in the software that you can tell it the dimensions of the device.  What units are those dimensions in?

millimetres
awacs80 #3 06/01/2008 - 21h32

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 06/01/2008

Off line

Yup, pretty much exactly what I thought.  The good news is...it works!!!  Not to get it calibrated.  :)  Thanks for the help!

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).