FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Have I screwed something up?
Rapolas #1 27/02/2015 - 18h10

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 27/02/2015

Off line

Hi, I just built and set up a 3-point clip along with a PS3 Eye with the IR filter successfully removed (I have not installed any light-blocker like the floppy disk method yet, I was testing in extremely low light conditions, the only other light source was my monitors).  I installed the CL drivers, Freetrack, and the Freetrack patch (I patched before launching freetrack for the first time).  Using CL-test, I have been able to test the LEDs and they show up nice and bright to the Eye.

However, when I launch into Freetrack and press Start, it instantly crashes, no error code, just the "this has stopped working" prompt box.  If I try to mess with the camera settings from within Freetrack (pressing the Camera button before pressing start), it will also crash as soon as I try to alter the exposure setting.  In addition, once I have attempted and failed to use Freetrack, the orange light remains lit on the Eye, and CL-test displays nothing but black emptiness from then on, even when reconnecting the Eye and restarting my computer.  The only way that I have found to get back to square one is to uninstall and reinstall both the drivers and Freetrack.

I get the feeling that I'm missing some important step here, has anyone else had this problem?  I will be happy to provide more details and pictures upon request.  Thanks for any help!
Stormrider #2 27/02/2015 - 18h29

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

hi,
check in cl-test what fps you are using, in freetrack it must be the same, they are probably different.

In this post is explained all the steps you have to do.
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=3624&page=1#18540

regards Stormrider
Rapolas #3 28/02/2015 - 01h28

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 27/02/2015

Off line

That worked like a charm!  Thanks!

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).