FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > For attention of devs and those experiencing high cpu usage

RSS >  For attention of devs and those experiencing high cpu usage
Miggy #1 23/01/2015 - 00h48

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 23/01/2015

Off line

I joined the forums just to share something I have noticed during testing of freetrack on my system.  I have found that when starting freetrack whilst monitoring my system resources, it always starts an immediate drain of approximately 30-40% of my CPU usage.  I recently noticed that it was functioning perfectly whilst playing FSX and that freetrack CPU usage was only at 4%, so decided to test further.

Not sure if this applies to everyone, but I can now confirm that on my system, if I run Freetrack once my joystick is plugged in, it will immediately use up 40% of my CPU.  This is just opening the program, before even starting tracking.

However, if I unplug my joystick BEFORE running Freetrack, then plug the joystick in afterwards, freetrack uses only 4% and continues to do so when tracking is activated.

My joystick drivers are up to date ( Its a Speedlink Black widow)

Thought I'd share this in the hope that it may help others, and also that it might aid the devs in development.
Thanks for the great software and the work you guys put into it! :)

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > For attention of devs and those experiencing high cpu usage

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).