FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Pitch interfers with Y and Z
AJDux #1 13/11/2014 - 13h54

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/11/2014

Off line

Hi guys o/ Have just finished my IR set. Using logitech C300 with IR filter removed and floppy disc filter installed. 3 point IR led cap and freetrack software. It all works pretty well. However I have 1 issue that I cant seem to resolve.

I have checked and double checked all my figures and measurements, however when I pitch my head forward or backward the model will also move on the Z and Y axis. For instance pitching forward will thrust the head model back and up, and pitching backwards will thrust the head forward and down. Almost as if the model is rotating around the R reference LED and not my natural rotation point of head

As I said I have double checked all my measurements and they are spot on, I have even tried going a few mill in every direction to try and correct.

The only way I can seem to fix this issue is to mutilate the R reference settings, by putting Vertical at about 35mm and depth at about -10mm I can eliminate almost all the strange movements on Y and Z, except now when I roll my head it sends my Yaw model way out. (Rolling right will cause model to Yaw far to the right also).

Any ideas????

Its not the end of the world as lets be honest Roll is probably going to be the least used function, as long as everything else behaves as expected its OK I guess. Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue?
Steph #2 13/11/2014 - 15h41

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

little overlapping movements are quit normal. Personally I do reduce X,Y and Z axis sensitivity because they are not such important for tracking (except Z perhaps).
Did you use these references for your measurements?

Posted Image

...particularly the sens of Z axis. ( Negative value for cap).

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).