FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  settings not saving
viper3two #1 22/12/2007 - 16h18

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 12/12/2007

Off line

Hello again
I have built the cap and it is working GREAT with my sims. Working on a video now to show it off!

I have 2 minor issues:
Seems like the settings are not sticking when I change them.
For example, I start FT. I have made a profile called IL2.
It is highlighted.
In the output button, I have checked Direct Game Interface. I save the profile and exit FT.
When I start it again, the option Direct Game Interface is not checked, I have to check it again before using the profile. Saved profile again and tried, still will not hold the setting.

Also, another question. Is there a way to delete the Default Profile list? I tried right clicking it and cannot delete the folder, but I can go in and delete the individual profiles in that list. However, when I restart FT, the default games show up again. I do have the optioned turned off to automatically load a profile based on the game. I would like to use this with the profiles that I make, but FT always goes to the default profile folder when it detects a game, so I just turned it off and made my own profiles. Is there a way to completely remove the default profile folder, and then make it work automatically with my profiles? I think it has to do with a gameID number or something for FT to pick it up but do not know how to change that in the .ini file.
Thanks for the help
Kestrel #2 26/12/2007 - 12h09

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

viper3two @ 22/12/2007 - 17h18 a dit:

Seems like the settings are not sticking when I change them.
For example, I start FT. I have made a profile called IL2.
It is highlighted.
In the output button, I have checked Direct Game Interface. I save the profile and exit FT.
When I start it again, the option Direct Game Interface is not checked, I have to check it again before using the profile. Saved profile again and tried, still will not hold the setting.

There should be an error message if the files are read-only.
Try saving changes and then manually switching between profiles (no need to exit FT).

Also, another question. Is there a way to delete the Default Profile list? I tried right clicking it and cannot delete the folder, but I can go in and delete the individual profiles in that list. However, when I restart FT, the default games show up again. I do have the optioned turned off to automatically load a profile based on the game. I would like to use this with the profiles that I make, but FT always goes to the default profile folder when it detects a game, so I just turned it off and made my own profiles. Is there a way to completely remove the default profile folder, and then make it work automatically with my profiles? I think it has to do with a gameID number or something for FT to pick it up but do not know how to change that in the .ini file.

There should be no reason to delete the default profile.

Drag and drop a game name from the Default profile to the desired profile so that it is automatically loaded when that game starts (assuming 'auto load profile' is enabled).

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).