FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > How perfect does the tracking hat need to be?

RSS >  How perfect does the tracking hat need to be?, My LED's are attached to my hat with duct tape.
moeburn #1 10/09/2014 - 14h55

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 30/01/2012

Off line

All the pictures of tracking hats that I've seen look really nice, with Knex or 3D-printed clips and everything.

All I did was solder 3 IR LEDs in parallel to a switch and a single AA battery (no resistor).  The easiest way I could think of to attach them to my baseball cap was with duct tape.

But duct tape on fabric isn't exactly very stable/steady.  The LEDs will be in slightly different positions (relative to each other) every time I put the hat on, from the fabric and duct tape moving around, and the LED's moving around underneath the tape.

Are there any specific problems that this could cause?
Steph #2 10/09/2014 - 16h54

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

stay in the limit of +-5mm of what you have fill in for the model dimensions and positions will be acceptable. But of course every difference leads to a wrong tracking behaviour.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > How perfect does the tracking hat need to be?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).