FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > "Freetrack.exe has stopped working", using PS3 Eye

RSS >  "Freetrack.exe has stopped working", using PS3 Eye
moeburn #1 30/08/2014 - 06h27

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 30/01/2012

Off line

So I just got my PS3 eye camera working and my homemade custom IR cap, already had FaceTrackNoIR installed so I used it's pointtracker and it worked great, but I heard Freetrack was better, so I wanted to give it a shot.

Unfortunately, it crashes as soon as I press the "start" button :(  Only with "PS3Eye Camera" selected as source - the start button doesn't make it crash if demo is selected.

Not sure why this is happening, I'm using the same CL-Eye drivers as everyone else. Any ideas?
Steph #2 30/08/2014 - 10h28

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Did you install all (Freetrack, Driver) with admin rights?
Are they any other sources that could have acces to the PS3 eye at same time?
Stormrider #3 30/08/2014 - 11h00

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

read this post of thagerty, maybe you did somthing different.
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=3624&page=1#18540

So I just got my PS3 eye camera working and my homemade custom IR cap, already had FaceTrackNoIR installed so I used it's pointtracker and it worked great, but I heard Freetrack was better, so I wanted to give it a shot.

I don't think that you can say that the one is beter then the other.In freetrack you can make more shortcuts to functions then in Ftnir, but in Ftnir you don't have to measure where your model is on your head because of that calibrate function.
And regarding tracking,  I don't think there is much difference if both have the curves set up right.At least I didn't see it yet.I should just use the software what is already working great for you.Not because it shoud be better, but only because it is already working.
moeburn #4 30/08/2014 - 21h18

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 30/01/2012

Off line

Thank you!!!  It was the "stream" button.  Downloaded the fix and that didn't fix it, but I followed his instructions to click "stream" and set up the resolution&framerate before clicking "start", and it worked!  Thank you!!!

"but in Ftnir you don't have to measure where your model is on your head because of that calibrate function."

Not sure what you're talking about here.... I have to measure my head model?!  I never used any "calibrate" button in FTnir, I just used the "center" hotkey at the very beginning, and selected "pointtracker 1.0" as the source, and it worked right away on the first try.  Never entered in my measurements or anything.

So I have to measure my cap if I want to use Freetrack?
Stormrider #5 31/08/2014 - 11h31

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

"but in Ftnir you don't have to measure where your model is on your head because of that calibrate function."

Not sure what you're talking about here.... I have to measure my head model?!  I never used any "calibrate" button in FTnir

You can read it here Spoilerhttp://ftnoirpt.sourceforge.net/

If you made your model exactly as the default model dimensions you don't have a problem.But if you used a different dimension for your model you will have problems with tracking.

So I have to measure my cap if I want to use Freetrack?

Normally I would say yes.....but if you don't have any weird movement of your view in game, tracking goes perfect, just like you want then I should say don't bother about it just enjoy you game.But if you get any weird things just remind what I said.    :D

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > "Freetrack.exe has stopped working", using PS3 Eye

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).