FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  No Skull Tracking
deanot #1 01/08/2014 - 17h47

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 01/08/2014

Off line

Greetings all.  I'm new to the Free Track community.  I have a working 3 Point array (when I launch Free Track it can see all 3 LED's moving normally) however there is no skull tracking.  The big skull box on the left doesn't even twitch.  I've also tried firing up FSX (with the simconnect etc) and that does not work at all.  Camera is a Logitech 250 which seems to be working.

I've tried:
- changing the "Max point diameter" - No change
- running as administrator - No change
- starting and stopping - No change
- set model as 3 point cap - no change

To be honest I am not sure what else to try.  I'm actually quite disappointed.  I can't see any reason this isn't working.

Specs:

I7 Gaming machine (Pretty darn beefy)
Logitech Webcam 250
Windows Pro 64Bit

If there is anything else I can add please let me know.  I'd love for this to be an easy fix.
Stormrider #2 02/08/2014 - 12h08

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Hi there,
are you only seeing dots or do you see dots with crosshairs?
If there are no crosshairs , maybe you didn't fill in the right dimensions or type of you model.
You can try to make a one point model for testing by putting something over two leds of you model and at the model tab change it into one point model.In this way you avoid problems with wrong filled in dimensions of you model.
You already found where you can maximize the dots, so make the minimum size of your dot "1" and the max "10"
If it works with one dot, there is something wrong with the filled in dimensions of you model and the type of your model.

Is it win7 or win8 you are using?For both it sometimes help to turn off UAC(user account control).With win8 sometimes you need to instal software in a own map NOT in the program files or program files(x86) map.
Some people had problems with the logitech software and they removed and just used the driver provided by microsoft for the webcam.
Steph #3 03/08/2014 - 14h12

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Is this Logitech an older one, and what driver do you use and the windows version?
deanot #4 03/08/2014 - 16h33

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 01/08/2014

Off line

I made some adjustments to my array and I've gotten the skull to be able to move.  My problem now is that I can't seem to get it to the point where it's consistently usable, regardless of the app/sim I'm using.

Is there a "recommended settings" type of thing?  I have looked but I guess I must not be using the right terminology.  For instance, I can turn my head one way and it will go as expected, turn it the other way and it only goes maybe 1-20 degrees.

While I feel I'm slowly making progress, I'm at the point of just not knowing what I should be adjusting to make this work as expected.
Stormrider #5 05/08/2014 - 14h42

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

what to fill in at the model tab for cap-model.
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=4231&message=20073

what to fill in at the model tab for clip-model
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=1856&message=19976

and read the following:
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=4039&message=19522

I can turn my head one way and it will go as expected, turn it the other way and it only goes maybe 1-20 degrees.

does your webcam loose track of one dot?Check if you keep three green dots  in the right corner below.
Or you didn't fill in the right dimensions and position of your model.
Thats what I like about facetracknoir with freetrack plugin(http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm), if you use the calibrate funtion it calculates the position of your model. :)
Edited by Stormrider on 05/08/2014 at 14h47.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).