FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Trackir vector clip and Freetrack

RSS >  Trackir vector clip and Freetrack
StormShadowXI #1 16/07/2014 - 10h03

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 16/07/2014

Off line

I've never used or seen trackir technology first hand so my knowledge is very very limited and looking into the matter, i've never found a clear discernable answer.

the question is pretty simple: Does the trackir vector clip (the 3 point reflective clip for the cap) work well with freetrack.

it probably seems stupid and obvious but i've never seen the technology first hand. i dont know much about trackir and i'm not sure if the reflective tape they use has particular properties bespoke to work best with their device like i would imagine it to be but then again, it seems like simple tape so it should work but i dont want to invest money into it if the tech IS bespoke and inefficient with freetrack
Steph #2 19/07/2014 - 15h25

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,
yes it works if:
You got a webcam with good sensitivity for ir light. (removed ir-block-filter and good daylight-filter installed.)
You need a separately ir-light source beside your webcam.
StormShadowXI #3 22/07/2014 - 19h40

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 16/07/2014

Off line

ahh thank you for the reply :P

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Trackir vector clip and Freetrack

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).