FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  First build; having issues
Omegaman007 #1 23/03/2014 - 22h02

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 23/03/2014

Off line

So I built a 3 point cap tracker version yesterday and it's not working as well as I had hoped.

1.  The dimensions in the manual seem to conflict each-other and I ended up putting the back LED 105mm high and 55mm back.  The software immediately complained so with some angle adjustments I was able to get 88mm high and 80mm back.  The front side LEDs are 75mm from center (see photo).
2.  When I swivel my head, the software adds pitch and i'm not able to resolve this.
3.  I'm not able to use Freetrack 2.2 at all since if it's even INSTALLED (not even running), Arma 2, 3, crash immediately.
4.  Facetracknoir doesn't crash the games but has been a pain to setup.  Aside from the aforementioned problem with pitch it's really switchy in Arma 3 (haven't tried it with any other game yet).

A. Anyone know why I'm having the pitching issue?
B. From someone who's tried both, is the clip or cap 3 point version work better?
C. Anyone have recommendation on how to get this working well with Arma 3?

Thanks for the help!

Photo links:
https://app.box.com/s/vn80geb7tlmn77stu1pn
Edited by Omegaman007 on 23/03/2014 at 22h19.
Steph #2 24/03/2014 - 15h34

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

1. and 2.
did you set-up Freetrack with the dimensions of your mount?
Fill up the cases with the dimensions you can measure on your head like this:

Posted Image

3. Try to install and run Freetrack with admin rights.

B. Both versions works fine. Clip version needs to be well setup as you do not have the simple symmetry of the cap-version. Clip can be clipped of the headphones, cap can be used without....it's just a question of what you prefer.
Edited by Steph on 24/03/2014 at 15h35.
Omegaman007 #3 25/03/2014 - 02h01

Registered on : 23/03/2014

Off line

Steph,
Thanks for the reply.
1.  I have my parameters in for the model.
2.  Model position parameters are crazy... Am I supposed to drive a ruler through my neck?   :lol:   Luckily the FacetrackNoIR software does have a calibration mode so I used that....  :)
3.  Yup, used admin rights but nevertheless it causes crashes of all Armas during the intro.  Others seam to be having the same issue (there's a post elsewhere on this forum).  Maybe because I'm using Win 7 x64?  Luckily, again, FacetrackNoIR works fine so I'm able to use that... however I'm not sure if the FreetrackIRfix will work (I'd like to use it in Dirt 3 which I also own).
B.  There's a lot of coupling when I yaw my head with pitch and roll for some reason... I made a quick and dirty clip version last night and it works much much bettter than the cap.  I think perhaps my top LED is too far forward... I will try to put it further back and see how it goes.

Is the Freetrack software still being updated?  It would be great to see the calibration feature integrated and maybe the crashing bug looked at.
Steph #4 25/03/2014 - 16h31

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

you can try to smooth the tracking behaviour with this adjustments for smoothing and curves:
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=4039&message=19522
Radak #5 26/06/2014 - 18h22

Registered on : 26/06/2014

Off line

Hi I've had similar problem, after installing FreeTrack 2.2 couldn't start Arma 3 (got back to work after uninstalling FreeTrack).
Also got CLEye drivers, and fix found on forums to get it work all together and there was tip to run FT with admin rights.

To the point,
I've figured out if i run both (A3 and FT) as admin there is some popup noticing about new game detected and asking for its name, just after it A3 crashes.
So just run FT and Aarma without admin rights and give it a name, after that Arma will run again.

I think it's a FreeTrack bug, it kills game process as long as it got profile name, when game is not started with same rights as FT no one will ever know what's going on.

Sorry for my gramma, had to drink a little to figure out that bug.  ;)

PS. Could anyone report it as a bug? Im too drunk.
Edited by Radak on 26/06/2014 at 18h26.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).