FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Solved!! FreeTrack Looses Center

RSS >  Solved!! FreeTrack Looses Center
Harry1048 #1 15/01/2014 - 03h00

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 15/01/2014

Off line

Hi Everyone,
I love the idea of FreeTrack. It will accomplish everything I am looking for and increase my simulator experience. I built myself a 3-point headset model and a modified Xbox 360 camera. I thought I had FreeTrack configured pretty well. When I loaded up my truck simulator and started driving and looking around it seemed as though FreeTrack slowly lost center. I had to correct my view with the mouse (or crash). When I exited the simulator, the head in FreeTrack was looking in an extreme  random direction though I was looking right at the screen.

I am not sure what settings to tweak to fix this. I currently have the "mouse" option checked as most of the simulators that I play don't seem to directly support tracking and I don't know of another way to input it.

This is really day one, and I do consider it a success with FreeTrack. It was a fairly easy build and set up thanks to the help that everyone is posting. I just need to get the fine details figured out.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
- Harry1048
Edited by Harry1048 on 16/01/2014 at 03h48.
Steph #2 15/01/2014 - 16h25

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

what truck simulator is it?
It seems as if Euro Truck Simulator works with TrackIr interface:

http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=3538
Harry1048 #3 15/01/2014 - 22h04

Off line

Hi Steph,
Thanks for the reply! The current truck simulator i am trying to get it to work with is Euro Truck Simulator 2. I will also being trying it with the Scani truck simulator at some point in the future.

I followed the link and tried the changes that they suggested but still had no luck. When I started the game (originally) I did not get a pop-up from FreeTrack asking which game it was which has seem to trigger success for a lot of other people. Is there a way to cue this to come up?

I have tried uninstalling the simulator, running FreeTrack and then re-installing the game but still no success.

I did find an older post of yours referring to the settings of FreeTrack and now seem to have my model running more smoothly and better overall, so I thank you for that as well. Now if I could only get it to work in the simulator.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
- Harry1048
Harry1048 #4 16/01/2014 - 02h15

Off line

Update:
I've been trying to play around with FreeTrack and Euro Truck Simulator all day and still no luck. I have uninstalled the simulator and re-installed it while FreeTrack was open, I have uninstalled both completely and then reinstalled FreeTrack followed by the simulator.. nothing seems to help.

I'm stuck. It seems like no matter what I try it doesn't work. As I mentioned before, I didn't see the boxes that pop up when you start a new game from FreeTrack asking what game it is. Is there a way to trigger these or add them manually?

Thoughts/Advice/Help anyone?

Thanks,
- Harry 1048
Stormrider #5 16/01/2014 - 02h26

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

did you turn of the uac(user account control)?
Harry1048 #6 16/01/2014 - 03h47

Off line

Solved!

I did have UAC on but when I turned it off, it didn't seem to make a difference. That being said, your idea triggered another thought of mine to right-click and "Run as Administrator." Why I didn't think of this before, I don't know. Everything seems to work fine now.

Thanks for your help everyone. Sorry it turned out to be a stupid question/solution in the end. Glad every works now and I can't wait to try everything together.

- Harry1048
Stormrider #7 16/01/2014 - 04h06

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Iam glad you solved it. :D

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Solved!! FreeTrack Looses Center

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).