FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Implementing accelerometer/gyroscope as a tracking source

RSS >  Implementing accelerometer/gyroscope as a tracking source
varesa #1 22/09/2013 - 19h15

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 20/09/2013

Off line

As I am unable to afford a TrackIR, and too lazy to play around with modifying camera and building led fixtures :P I started to think about a nice accelerometer/gyroscope based head tracking unit.

I started building a prototype around a Invensense MPU-6050 6DOF MPU and a PIC32 device. I have gotten to the point in firmware that the device is able to stream live gyroscope data (acceleration to follow soon). I also have yet to look into filtering the data and integrating it to XYZ position and rotation.

I'd like to be able to interface this data with a few flight sims (primarily DCS A-10C). For the interface to the sim I thought of using FreeTrack, as it would provide a nice gui to tweak the parameters.

However I am completely new to Delphi world. Is anybody able to tell me what tools I need to recompile my own version of FreeTrack? From a quick look at the forums multiple people are having trouble hunting down the required tools and libraries...
JayPeeII #2 24/09/2013 - 12h20

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 31/08/2013

Off line

Check FTNoIR. They are working on something similar IIRC.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Implementing accelerometer/gyroscope as a tracking source

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).