FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > FreeTrack and W7x64 webcam settings are reseted.

RSS >  FreeTrack and W7x64 webcam settings are reseted.
moss #1 29/08/2013 - 18h53

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 14/08/2013

Off line

Hello again
I´m running with a little problem right now, very similiar to the one in this thread:
http://www.free-track.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1201
Long story short FreeTrack in windows Vista SP2_x86 (Sim HDD) runs smooth with -@30fps & 0 jitters- couldn't be more happy. Tested with MS FSX / WarThunder / IL-2 Cliffs of Dover and I couldn´t be more happy.

But... yesterday installed FreeTrack in the same machine with Windows7 SP1_x64 and tested with ´IL-2 CoD´ and when the game starts FreeTrack lost the configuration of the webcam that seems to go in autoexposure mode, and it´s imposible to make any change in the settings to take effect.

PS: The only difference I´ve noticed between the Vista installation an the W7 is that in WindowsVista the skull looks dark -without texture- and becomes normal -light orange- after the app windows is restored from the tray, but I´m sure that this has nothing to do with the problem.
If someone have any clue, it will be much appreciated.  ;)
Best regards.
Enlighten #2 31/08/2013 - 12h38

Registered on : 31/08/2013

Off line

Original post is still here for continuity of thread but see my next post as it just happened to me and I found its the Auto Exposure being applied and then un-applied that solves this problem for me not just any tick box!

my original post -  now wrong ->I have this problem too - click camera button in freetrack (while freetrack is started) - on camera settings screen adjust settings - tick boxes (any) - apply - next untick all boxes and set all bars to left end (value 0) Click Advanced tab and ensure Auto Gain is NOT ticked set exposure (left end of bar or 1 or 2 clicks from left end works best for me) I have NO ticks, anti flicker etc OFF. Apply. DO NOT FORGET APPLY !!!
After this, sometimes a small (5 seconds max) it starts working properly.
I don't have this every time, and can't work out why it does it. Hope it helps.
Edited by Enlighten on 02/09/2013 at 19h20.
moss #3 02/09/2013 - 11h50

Registered on : 14/08/2013

Off line

I´ll try this method, but Freetrack works OK until the game starts no matter how good is FT working (in FPS) when I toggle to IL-2 CoD the problem begins, didn´t have time for testing in the weekend but seems to be something with the screen resolution and the webcam drivers (I´m working with the same res on both situations). Thanks for the your tip, I´ll post the results.
Enlighten #4 02/09/2013 - 19h01

Registered on : 31/08/2013

Off line

Edit - I have just had this problem again - I was working from memory and having just experienced it and experimented I can say its NOT the ticking of ANY box but you do need to click a box on that first screen to get the apply option but you must also click Advanced Tab - Tick Automatic Gain Control - the gain and exposure with start to move once you apply. Then untick Auto gain and Apply - then (now auto exposure is OFF) manually set the exposure to left hand end (1/120 or 1/100th) - then to device tab and ensure all 0 as enabling Auto Exposure on my system alters usually White balance. Then Apply - really hope this helps you.
Edited by Enlighten on 02/09/2013 at 19h20.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > FreeTrack and W7x64 webcam settings are reseted.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).