FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Quick question about track clip position

RSS >  Quick question about track clip position
Zark #1 17/08/2013 - 19h27

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 17/08/2013

Off line

Hi all,

I'm looking at putting together my first tracking system after finding out about this awesome software and doing some research over the past week.

I'm gonna start with a USB 3-point LED system, following the 'series build' schematic posted by benmeijer (I know it's only a little picture, but it sounds cooler when I say 'schematic' :) ), leaving out the PCT fuse and just using a USB power adapter to power it.

I've got nearly all my parts, i'm just waiting on the SFH485p LED's that I ordered on ebay (should be arriving early next week).

My (rather simple) question is: What side do you guys (that have built clip-on tracking systems) have the tracking system on?

As in, do you have it on the same side as you microphone, so everything is on one side, or the opposite side to the microphone?

Just looking for any advice before I start putting it together and realise I can't change what side it goes on.

Thanks!

p.s Oh, and I'll definitely post some pictures of my system when i'm finished. I can't wait to get started!
Stormrider #2 17/08/2013 - 21h58

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

the side you can choose what is best for you, as long as you fill in the right dimensions in the "model position"at the model tab in freetrack.
H-Value has to be negativ for a right side mount
Posted Image
Zark #3 17/08/2013 - 23h40

Off line

Thanks. Does it have to be measured out so specifically? I was just going to go with estimates and get the right shape, but do the measurements have to be exact?
Stormrider #4 18/08/2013 - 11h07

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

the model you can make by the dimensions you want.You just need three good visible dots for good tracking.If you make the dimensions wrong you will
see the dots melt together if you move your head up an down.Or the dots will  disapear when you move your head from the left to the right.And that will cause bad tracking
The most problems with tracking are caused by filling in the wrong dimension.

So the model doesn't need to be the exact sizePosted Image, but you must be exact what you fill in. ;)
Zark #5 18/08/2013 - 13h55

Off line

Ahh I see, thanks a lot, dude. I'll post my results next week :)
Zark #6 22/08/2013 - 20h43

Off line

Thanks for the help, dude. It made it a lot easier to set everything up in FreeTrack. I said i'd post some pictures, so here they are :) :

http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=466&page=14#19203

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Quick question about track clip position

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).