FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Help !!! Freetrack setting all webcam values to zero

RSS >  Help !!! Freetrack setting all webcam values to zero
nounette #1 31/05/2013 - 11h13

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 30/05/2013

Off line

Hi everybody,

I've tested on the french forum but it doesn't seem to be very active, so may be I'll be luckier here.

I'm using a webcam Trust 3400 that requires luminosity set to 150 to work with IR but freetrack forces all parameters to zero when starting the tracker and put it back to 150 when stopping it (what is not very useful).

I can change the values after starting the tracker through AMCap (the window for setting the cam parameters inside freetrack appears empty) and it works, but the main issue is that if I press the "pause" shortcut during the game, it will do the same thing when unpaused.

I've tried many tricks including to change the ini parameters manually and restart the program but that won't work.

I'm very frustrated with that because my 3 point cap is working smoothly and I'm eager to use freetrack in online campaign.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance,
N
Stormrider #2 31/05/2013 - 21h07

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Hi,
Did you turn off auto exposure?
Greetz Stormrider
nounette #3 01/06/2013 - 07h12

Off line

Hi,
Yes, auto exposure is off in the webcam settings.

This is the cam properties window shown by Free-Track
Posted Image

This is the AMCap cam properties window before pressing "Start" button on  Free-track.
Posted Image

This is the AMCap cam properties window after pressing "Start" button on  Free-track.
Posted Image

Any ideas?

Thanks
N
Stormrider #4 01/06/2013 - 11h45

Off line

Hi nounette,
what kind of filter do you use?
Did you remove the ir-filter?

In your case I think we must try to make your webcam see the ir-leds with the settings freetrack makes after pressing start.
I see two things you can change.
Change the setting interier into exterier.

your usb is 1, I think it needs to be at a higher value. 7 or higher.

greetz Stormrider
nounette #5 01/06/2013 - 12h39

Off line

Hi Stormrider,

Yes, I've removed the IR filter and covered the camera with a floppy disk material as explained by viper3two in his youtube tutorial.

I've tested changing all the parameters to see if some other one was able to have an impact but no.
I also tried removing the floppy disk material from the camera but didn't work.

When setting light to zero the screen becomes black and the camera really doesn't catch anything at all, IR or not.

So I need to find something on free-track allowing to keep the camera settings at least during the pause.

Cheers,
N
Stormrider #6 01/06/2013 - 15h47

Off line

hi,

your model (trust 3400T?) is on the list of incompatible webcams.
http://www.free-track.net/english/hardware/camera.php?PHPSESSID=733724814998fd2c16d1f76e1bcf71a0

http://www.free-track.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=39&page=14

Maybe is your problem the reason why they put it in that list.
Did you look in the "stream"tab in freetrack?There you can change rgb into I420.
greetz Stormrider
Edited by Stormrider on 01/06/2013 at 15h50.
Chronos #7 19/08/2013 - 16h33

Registered on : 19/08/2013

Off line

Hi.Having the same problem of webcam setings reseted when freetrack start, i just wondering if you finaly find a solution??

snp500nc webcam working nicely only when i forgot the pause button in game.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Help !!! Freetrack setting all webcam values to zero

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).