FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Permanent priority change of the process "FreeTrack.exe"

RSS >  Permanent priority change of the process "FreeTrack.exe", Auto setting of the priority at launch bypassing the override.
Gian92 #1 25/12/2012 - 18h00

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 08/04/2012

Off line

Since FreeTrack overrides the priority command I've found a solution to this issue, even though I'm still wondering the reason of such override.

Without further ado here are the steps:

First of all we have to create a .cmd file into FreeTrack main folder (name it FreeTrack.cmd).

In it, using notepad (drag and drop onto it), write as following:

start FreeTrack.exe
ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 2000 > nul
wmic process where name="FreeTrack.exe" CALL setpriority 128

The ping part pings a fake IP once and then waits 2000 milliseconds (set a higher waiting time if this one doesn't work).

The third line changes the priority for all the processes under the name of "FreeTrack.exe" to, in this case, high.

Priorities:

Low: 64 Below Normal: 16384 Normal: 32 Above Normal: 32768 High: 128 Realtime: 256

If you don't like the command prompt window which appears for 2 seconds, create a .vbs file in the same folder of FreeTrack.cmd. This hides the cmd window.

Put the following into the .vbs file (edit with notepad):

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell" )
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "FreeTrack.cmd" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing

Then create a shortcut on the desktop to the .vbs file and change the icon to the one of the executable.

However, I recommend the following FreeTrack alternative, which is more stable and doesn't need this hack: Link
Edited by Gian92 on 25/12/2012 at 18h01.
Ordem e progresso” - Brazilian flag

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Permanent priority change of the process "FreeTrack.exe"

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).