FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Freetrack is not dead.......but,

RSS >  Freetrack is not dead.......but,
rfxcasey #1 11/10/2012 - 08h45

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 03/07/2009

Off line

Ok so the site says FT is not dead. But with as many people who use and love FT, where is all the developement? It's been a long time since there has been any significant update, so from a practical standpoint, it might not be dead but it does seem to have stunted growth. :rolleyes:
OverDhill #2 12/11/2012 - 14h11

Registered on : 10/11/2012

Off line

Well seeing its late 2012 the question I have is this still worth getting into? Does this work with Windows 7 64 bit? Sure is a shame that development has seemed to stalled.
klez #3 02/02/2013 - 20h14

Registered on : 27/08/2012

Off line

It works even with Windows 8 x64 very well! :)
Sasha84 #4 23/04/2013 - 15h55

Registered on : 26/06/2008

Off line

Well, what would you want to see in FT?
For me there is no need in update because:

It works well.
Compatibility is very high, it works with every game I own.
It works with every windows XP-8.
It is very stable and performance is the best comparing to every other free head-tracking software.
It is very configurable, everything from basic input curves to options like adjusting soft to your webcam fps and diodes radius.

Personally I have no idea what else it needs.
Of course you can work on optimising and improving compatibility with other webcams but at the moment both of those aspects are good enough.
Sometimes optimising means "shortcuts" and loss of stability so if performance is good as it is, there is no real need to try and rebuild it.
Edited by Sasha84 on 23/04/2013 at 15h58.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > General Discussion > Freetrack is not dead.......but,

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).