FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > skull tracker not responding correctly.

RSS >  skull tracker not responding correctly.
doctorbutts #1 10/05/2012 - 00h00

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 09/05/2012

Off line

I have built a 3 point cap model. Adjusted the dimensions in the software from default to the closest number I could determine on the model.

In either case, I see all three points on the screen, but when I move my head the skull does not track properly.

For instance:
When I turn my head to my right, the skull spins and turns upward.

When I turn my head to my life, the skull barely moves at all.

When I turn my head up, the skul spins and turns upward like when I turn my head to the right.

When I turn my head down, the skull 'zooms' in closer and points up in the air.

The webcam is above the top point of the cap by at least a few inches, and is about a foot and a half away.
Steph #2 10/05/2012 - 12h27

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

you are sure about the dimensions?
These are typical behaviours when the head-mount isn't set-up with the right values.
Measure them precisely and set them up in the "3 Points Cap" section under "Model Dimensions" in mm.

Don't forget the Model position set-up either:
Posted Image
Edited by Steph on 08/11/2012 at 09h25.
doctorbutts #3 10/05/2012 - 12h41

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 09/05/2012

Off line

Yes, I've measured the final result to the best of my abilities and updated the values and it has fixed nothing.

Perhaps I'll try the 'clip' model again as I had more success with that, except it wouldn't track me turning my head to the right... I'm guessing because the middle LED would be blocked by my head.
Edited by doctorbutts on 10/05/2012 at 13h31.
Gian92 #4 17/05/2012 - 15h21

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 08/04/2012

Off line

Try to see if you've centred the skull to the default centre, and not to a customised one, and of course, that all your LEDs are visible and don't intersect.
Edited by Gian92 on 17/05/2012 at 15h26.
Ordem e progresso” - Brazilian flag

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > skull tracker not responding correctly.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).