FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Freetrack 2.1/Fs9 Z-Axis
Arts #1 05/11/2007 - 16h53

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 25/10/2007

Off line

Hi all,

Im using freetrack 2.1 with fs9, all its working great. the only disturbing thing is the Z-Axis.

Im not able to find a smooth setting. i have jumps in the Z-Axis (not smooth movements) when im looking arround, i was experimenting with the global, profile, zoom smoothing multiplier but no success...

when im deactivating the Z-Axis the its ok, but then i have the problem that V2.1 allways resets the VC Zoomfaktor to 100%..

A friend of mine owns Track IR the original, there it is possible to adjust the zoom factor in fs9 independent of the Z-Axis of the tracking software.

I guess the problem on freetrack is, if i move my head forward, centering, moving back my head to get the correct cockpit zoom then the Z-Axis is interpolated and very sensitiv..

Does somebody have a good Profile, or a hint for V2.1?

Greetings
Thomas
Poncho #2 05/11/2007 - 17h50

Graphiste
Class : Graphiste
Registered on : 10/07/2007

Off line Mail

Hi Arts

Here is my personnal profile for fsx. I don't know if fs9 is working the same way fsx does, but maybe it can help ;)

I use a 4 points cap Freetrack device

Posted Image
Kestrel #3 06/11/2007 - 00h26

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

Arts @ 05/11/2007 - 17h53 a dit:

A friend of mine owns Track IR the original, there it is possible to adjust the zoom factor in fs9 independent of the Z-Axis of the tracking software.

The TrackIR Fs9 implementation controls z-axis translation, not zooming, so you can still freely adjust the zoom factor because it's not being controlled by anything.

when im deactivating the Z-Axis the its ok, but then i have the problem that V2.1 allways resets the VC Zoomfaktor to 100%..

This came up a while ago and will be addressed in the next release.

i have jumps in the Z-Axis (not smooth movements) when im looking arround, i was experimenting with the global, profile, zoom smoothing multiplier but no success...

This is the fault of Fs9, zooming is done in discrete steps, more noticeable when zoomed out, when zooming in the step size decreases to such an extent that it feels smooth. I tried to implement in-cockpit translation but that also was limited to only a few 100 discrete units of movement within the cockpit (TrackIR managed to get around this with a hack which doesn't use the standard TrackIR interface so cannot be used by Freetrack).

If someone out there has the assembly/reverse engineering skills to steal Fs9 view control using dll injection it would be great to hear from them.  :inn:

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).