FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > It cannot run with driver-free webcam.

RSS >  It cannot run with driver-free webcam., runs with the webcam and FT exites by itself
silenthunter #1 03/11/2007 - 03h54

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 02/11/2007

Off line

We have a 60fps driver-free webcam. I just plug it to any Vista or Xp and see video, no driver needed.

It's ok with other programs except freetrack. Freetrack will exit automatically by itself if it runs with driverfree webcam, however it runs well with driver needed webcams on the same computer.

It's said driver-free webcam is the direction of development. I see more and more of them in our market.
Kestrel #2 03/11/2007 - 08h57

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

silenthunter @ 03/11/2007 - 04h54 a dit:

It's ok with other programs except freetrack. Freetrack will exit automatically by itself if it runs with driverfree webcam, however it runs well with driver needed webcams on the same computer.

'Driverless' webcams use a very basic bare-bones standardized UVC (USB Video Class) driver that was first introduced in XP SP2. It should work just the same as any WDM webcam driver.

Can you be more specific about when/how Freetrack fails?

Does the name appear correctly in the list of available capture devices?
silenthunter #3 13/11/2007 - 08h42

Registered on : 02/11/2007

Off line

Yes, the name appear correctly in the list of available capture devices.

FT exited when we press "start" button. It just exits, no other symptom.

In our forum, one person's analyse is driverless webcam can only run on YUY2 mode, while FT cannot support well for YUY2. He downloads a driverless webcam driver patch, and then RGB mode appear, and everything is ok.

I don't know what is YUY2 and if problems are caused by it. Maybe Kestrel can give me an explaination.

There are 3 person's FT failed due to driverless cam in our forum.

I reply you so late because I'm busy and the forum is hard to log on (SQL error).
Clu43 #4 13/11/2007 - 14h51

Registered on : 12/11/2007

Off line

Just a thought...is your threshold slider (FreeTrack)all the way to the right?, was having pretty much same type of problem., moved slider to the right, solved my problem of Freetrack exiting with an error.
Kestrel #5 16/11/2007 - 05h15

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

YUY2 is unsupported in 2.1

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > It cannot run with driver-free webcam.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).