FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Asymmetric YAW, Probably bug
DDRTrack #1 03/01/2012 - 18h08

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 03/01/2012

Off line

Hi! I use FreeTrack 2.2.0.279 with Logitech C100 camera and 3 points cap.

When I turn my head to the left - the program works fine.
When I turn my head to the right - the movement of the virtual head becomes strange. Here is the video illustrating my problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbEM-3hXp3g

Waiting for your suggestions...
Edited by DDRTrack on 03/01/2012 at 19h03.
Steph #2 04/01/2012 - 10h43

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

first check up your "Model dimensions" and measure them as accurate as possible.
But  it's probably a problem of  "Model position" values.

It seems to me also, that you turn your head over 45° on each side. This is not necessary as therefore it will be hard to keep your eyes on screen.
Try to give a little more sensitivity on Yaw and you can look behind without leaving the screen.
DDRTrack #3 04/01/2012 - 15h26

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 03/01/2012

Off line

Look here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUNXZQCw1NI - this is a special video made in 3ds max.

SpoilerPosted Image

It is a visualisation of the ideal head rotation (100% symmetry). I put this video in FreeTrack (in demo video mode) and here is how it works - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqvtx1aP1jI Do you see it? The rotation in one direction is fine but the other direction works really bad. I think that it is a bug and I want somebody to fix it.
Edited by DDRTrack on 04/01/2012 at 15h35.
Steph #4 05/01/2012 - 09h05

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi,

I have well seen, but...
movements shown in the "head display window" (left side), are the converted, calculated movement, depending on your profile values, model dimensions and head mounted dimensions you set up. So it's not necessarily a bug, because these head display movements are not the "one to one" movements depending on accuracy of the real head movement, (seen in cam window on the right).
This "false" head display movements appears often, when "model position" values (menue "Model"), are not correctly set up. That's why I ask, if you have verified, or tried to change them to see any changes.
Or, in other words, by setting up this values you can also apply chosen corrections to the "head display movements".  This works particularly fine for 3Point-clip but is valid for 3Point-cap too.
Kestrel #5 10/01/2012 - 07h26

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

At extreme model angles the tracking algorithm becomes uncertain, when this happens FreeTrack 2.2 assumes the model is oriented to the left, which is why it works correctly on the left but motion is reversed on the right. Make sure the model dimensions have been entered correctly and increase yaw sensitivity so that extreme angles are not required to give full rotation of the virtual head. FreeTrack is intended for fixed-screen head tracking where turning too far from the screen is uncomfortable and unnecessary.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).