FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  NAN Error and shutdown
Omega Oska #1 29/10/2007 - 14h27

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 07/10/2007

Off line

My freetrack has been working pretty great.

After I installed the new nvidia driver 169.17 for my GeForce7900GS, suddenly Freetrack was screwed up. In the tracking screen, although the markers are clearly visible in marker screen, the skull model won't move an inch, and shows "NAN" next to the non reponsive axes.

Posted Image

sometimes FreeTrack will ecounter the error "Application has to be shut down" message. And sometiems when the skull model is moving, it will be extremely jerky.

I have reverted back to my old driver but it seems that the problem persist.
Kestrel #2 29/10/2007 - 14h55

Webmaster (admin)
Class : Webmaster (admin)
Registered on : 13/07/2007

Off line

In the tracking screen, although the markers are clearly visible in marker screen, the skull model won't move an inch, and shows "NAN" next to the non reponsive axes.

The NAN bug is known but extremely rare, if centering doesn't work restart Freetrack.

Sometimes FreeTrack will ecounter the error "Application has to be shut down" message.

Can you supply the complete error message?
Is this error associated with any action or is it completely random?

And sometiems when the skull model is moving, it will be extremely jerky.

Can you be more specific? Is it just the skull or also in-game?
Note that sometimes the skull jerks when first showing the video and interpolation is only synchronized when Freetrack is minimized, so there will be some frame dropping.
Omega Oska #3 29/10/2007 - 15h21

Off line

Hi Kestrel,

Thanks for the reponse. My error message is actually the regular:

"FreeTrack.exe has encountered an error and must be shut down...." and asking me to report the error to Miciroft.

It usually happens after the NAN error appears, but it's kinda random. I have restarted FreeTrack 10~20 times now, bu it seems to work only once.

As for the jerkyness, in the brief time period when the skull is reponding, the skull will move even if my head is not moving. Then the NAN error usually follows, and the skull would be fixed at a random position. I have only been able to run freetrack ingame once since it shut downs before I can actually play the game, but it seemd that the jerkyness was also found ingame.

FreeTrack was working great for the past two weeks, then a few hours ago it suddenly went out of control.

Regards,
Yue Hin Pong

FYI: I was using 3point cap with x=75, y=105, z=55
Kestrel #4 30/10/2007 - 02h00

Webmaster (admin)

Off line

Go into your Freetrack.ini file and delete the following section:

[center]
Yaw=90264
Pitch=-1777
Roll=62772
X=-1476048
Y=957
Z=1761619
Omega Oska #5 31/10/2007 - 14h00

Off line

Hi Kestrel,

I have deleted that section, but still no luck. I twould reappear after I restarded Free Track. I have also tried uninstalling FreeTrack, cleaned the registry, and shift+delete the whoe freetrack folder from my hardrive. But still no luck after reinstalling.

I did a search in the forum for the NAN error stuff but could't find anything.
Did anyone have the same problem?
Kestrel #6 31/10/2007 - 14h52

Webmaster (admin)

Off line

Omega Oska @ 31/10/2007 - 15h00 a dit:

I have deleted that section, but still no luck. I twould reappear after I restarded Free Track. I have also tried uninstalling FreeTrack, cleaned the registry, and shift+delete the whoe freetrack folder from my hardrive. But still no luck after reinstalling.

I did a search in the forum for the NAN error stuff but could't find anything.
Did anyone have the same problem?

I've encounted non-critical NAN measurements before but there haven't been any reports in the wild. Your NAN measurements are critical though, making it unique.

nvidia driver 169.17 for my GeForce7900GS

Are you sure these are right?
The nvidia website gives 163.71 for XP and 163.69 for Vista.
169.04 for XP and Vista beta drivers.

What tracking mode are you using? Does it do this if you use single point tracking (on fresh run)?

What profiles are you using? Did you delete your profiles with the reinstall? Are any of your smoothing settings very large or very small?

What video compression format are you using? I420? RGB24?

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).