FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  F1 2010, Looks like I'm the first on this one!!
Gquann #1 26/09/2010 - 17h47

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/09/2010

Off line

Hi all, I have recently installed F1 2010 from steam and am trying to get freetrack to work with it. I have read that it is supposed to be compatable with trackir but so far I haven't had any luck. Also I was going to try the joystick emulator but I can't select the tickbox. It is greyed out. Is there a way around this problem or am I doing something wrong?

On a side note I've made a headset that needs no batteries. I'll post it as soon as I can get my batteries charged for the camera. I'm sure you'll find it handy.

Thanks. B)
spaceinvader #2 26/09/2010 - 21h33

Registered on : 25/08/2010

Off line Www

sorry i cant help but i hope to contribute to this thread soon. I am dloading F1 2010 right now! Looks great but not sure if it will run on my rustic dual core  :)

are there any mouse look options?
pustulo #3 29/09/2010 - 01h47

Registered on : 28/07/2008

Off line

I couldn't get Freetrack to run with F1, although I didn't mess with joystick or mouse emulation.

I had another very significant problem though, and it's a bit of a story behind it.  Beware Wall Of Text.

About 3 months ago life was peachy.  I used FT happily in LFS and Wings Of Prey.  I then mistakenly formatted my C: drive and had to reinstall and restore user data from backup.  After a reinstall, my Dirt 2 installation refused to work at all, crashing out at the splash screen.  I tried many a fix, but eventually gave up.

Then F1 2010 came along.  It uses the same "ego" engine as Dirt 2.  It failed to run in exactly the same way as Dirt 2 - "executable has stopped working" after the splash screen.  However, I discovered that I was able to run the games as my wife, who does not use my PC for gaming.  So the problem was somehow user related.  I created a new user and happily played Dirt 2 and F1 2010 for a whole day.

Then, I got into LFS (using Freetrack).  Had a crap night's racing, but that's how it goes for me.  The next day, F1 wasn't working again (on the new user).  What changed?   I couldn't keep creating new users ad nauseam (F1 save files aren't portable).  F1 still worked for the wife's account.   Then it occurred to me.

I uninstalled Freetrack.  F1 and Dirt 2 ran.  I installed Freetrack.  F1 and Dirt 2 still ran.   I ran Freetrack once, then exited.  F1 and Dirt 2 stopped working.  I then recalled I needed to do a trick to get Wings Of Prey working with Freetrack - installing a trackIRhaiku.txt file.  I found my old copy of it and copied it into my Freetrack installation folder.  Everything works again@!##$!@@$!  FT still doesn't work in F1, but I didn't hope it would either.  The real point is that now it doesn't break anything.

Thanks for reading.  I hope this helps someone else.

FYI I'm on Win 7 x64, if that's relevant.
Edited by pustulo on 29/09/2010 at 01h49.
Rotten #4 04/10/2010 - 19h39

Registered on : 05/09/2010

Off line

As far as i am concerned, Dirt 2 and F1 which both made by Codies, are in a way protected from using it with FT, kinda forcing you to buy the very expensive TrackIr. http://naturalpointofview.blogspot.com/p/trackirfixer.html
here you can take a look and see what i am trying to tell. :) :stuart:  :p  :stuart:  :p

Goodluck and let me know if you got something :)

EDIT: Pustulo, do you mind trying those games like running them as Administrator?
Edited by Rotten on 04/10/2010 at 19h54.
pustulo #5 04/10/2010 - 21h15

Registered on : 28/07/2008

Off line

Running the games as administrator made no difference.

I can only guess that with the haiku file, the game thinks FT is an incompatible trackIR and it ignores it.  Without the file it must get confused.  Maybe turning off some of the interface options in FT might work around the problem.  I stopped caring once I found the haiku hack-around.

I didn't have any expectation that FT would work in this game and nor do I expect it in any recent release - I just thought it was worth noting that FT and these two Codemasters games don't like to even coexist normally.
Edited by pustulo on 04/10/2010 at 21h16.
Matthewop #6 28/10/2010 - 05h55

Registered on : 13/10/2010

Off line

I am not so familiar with it.. You can try google..

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).