FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Half life 2
Hemuli #1 15/04/2010 - 20h07

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 23/03/2010

Off line

Does anybody know if it's possible to use freetrack somehow in Half-life 2? A dude named Torben Sko has done it via only a webcamera and a software that tracks your face, but for some reason I'm not able to get his mod working :( So, I wanted to try freetrack, since it works in Battlefield 2 for example so why not in Half-Life 2?

Here's a link to his site: http://torbensko.com/software/head_tracking/
buccaneer #2 16/04/2010 - 07h27

Registered on : 14/03/2010

Off line

Hemuli @ 15/04/2010 - 22h07 a dit:

... A dude named Torben Sko has done it ...

?! The FAQ states opposite ("Can I use this with a different game, such as Half-Life 2 or Call of Duty 4?" section)
Hemuli #3 16/04/2010 - 09h58

Registered on : 23/03/2010

Off line

Yes, but it's possible to copy to contents of a source game, for example Half-life 2, to his mod, and then play the full game with head tracking (or so I've heard, haven't been able to test it myself). But his mod was just an example, that headtracking can indeed be used in a source game, like Half-life 2. What I want to know is that if it's possible to use the freetrack software, if someone has made a mod for that.

I mean, Battlefield 2 doesn't support headtracking natively, but still it can be done, so you have to use som kind of mod to get it working I suppose? Has someone done it with Half-life 2?

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).