FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Logitech C120 dissasembly and IR filter removal

RSS >  Logitech C120 dissasembly and IR filter removal
Ribbs67 #16 26/05/2010 - 18h57

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/05/2010

Off line

Sirbum69

I pretty much did the excact same thing that you did as far as removing the wrong lens. I did then remove the 2 screws out of the back of the circut board and removed the IR filter. I then screwed the lens(what was left of it..lol back on pretty much all the way down. I had the same out of focus problem that you are having. I made my 3 point setup with IR leds from Radio shack. I had to put a piece of floppy disk about the size of a quarter over the front of the lens. (held on with a couple dabs of superglue). It takes some messing around with the setting, but it works pretty good.
 I decided to simplify things a bit tho, and ditched the 3 point setup and IR leds for just 1 wide angle RED (non)IR led. (heres a trick that will help you, if you are losing tracking when your head is turned. File the tips of the LEDS flat, then take some clear fingernail polish or something similar and dab some on the end.) this will fill the scratches and make it like new). this will give you alot more (wide angle visibility). Also with the 1 Red LED you wont need the Floppy disk attatched to the front of the camers lens. With this setup you wont have 6DOF... but it does work good for looking around without having to use the (hat switch) .It would be 6DOF if you made a 3 point cap though.
Shadow #17 09/07/2011 - 09h53

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/09/2010

Off line

I had C160 but i has a little delay to response to my head moves. C120 has this delay too?

Also has I420 color space to use it for Falcon Sim?
Edited by Shadow on 09/07/2011 at 09h53.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Logitech C120 dissasembly and IR filter removal

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).