FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > So... how do I get this to work with IL-2 1946?

RSS >  So... how do I get this to work with IL-2 1946?
noxnoctum #1 26/12/2009 - 17h03

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 26/12/2009

Off line

I just bought IL-2 1946 and I'm already longing for something like this... stumbled on it when someone recommended over at the 1c forums, since there's no way in hell I can afford Track IR.

Thing is I don't have a webcam.

So I guess my question is, what exactly do I need, and what is the cheapest webcam I can get and have this work?

I'm a total tech dummy so go easy on me :D.
C6_LeBorgne #2 27/12/2009 - 00h53

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 09/08/2007

Off line

Check your conf.ini in il2 Sturmovik 1946 directory

be sure that in the [rts] section

trackIRUse=1

In Freetrack / Output
Freetrack interface and Track Ir interface must be checked .
Edited by C6_LeBorgne on 27/12/2009 at 00h53.
Posted Image
C2D 6420 , 2Go DDR II , 570 GTX , Wiimote , A-quip mini BT Dongle , Thrustmaster Warthog , Pro Gamer Command Unit et PCDASH2
jaceqp #3 30/12/2009 - 17h40

Registered on : 30/12/2009

Off line

Well... In Il2 there's no 100% virtual cockpit - I u can mostly just look around - u can't change your head position in plane. Good for u cause all u need is a webcam and 1-point of LED. 3-4LED systems are nice for some other sims though (like FSX) - cause then u could make zoom-in/out etc with your head.

I can ensure you, that u don't need to make IR LED. I use 3x BLUE-LED cap. If they're bright enough calibrating your webcam will take seconds. Don't need to remove IR filter as well.

As a cheap webcam I use A4-Tech PK-333E webcam:
http://www.itbankeurope.com/PK-333E/
Works fine, no need to do any fps settings etc. It's a plug'n'play for XP and above so no need to run any aditional drivers.
As colour LED u can use 3mm or 5mm blue/red LED with high light efficiency (glare coat). Just buy the brightest u can :) Important thing is to make LED a wide-angle one. Best and easiest way is to make it's head rubbed flat. I can turn my head at least at 140-150deg. with no problems.

For colour-LED I've adapted 9v 300mA AC Adapter (previously as a charger for bicycle LED-lights). It seems 3 or more IR LEDs are too much for this AC cause each IR LED uses about 120-130mA (or maybe more)... Colour LED uses ~20-30mA...

There's my stuff :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

To be honest I never had to do any configurations for Il-2 to operate with FT. So configure/calibrate your FT, launch Il-2 and enjoy...
Rowind #4 09/01/2010 - 14h10

Registered on : 09/01/2010

Off line

Hi guys!

Well... In Il2 there's no 100% virtual cockpit - I u can mostly just look around - u can't change your head position in plane.

This is true with the "in-box" version of the game. There's one MOD which enables 6DOF in the game. If you're interested, look for "UltraPack 2.0" or "UP2.0" in Google. This is the latest and most complete collection of mods and patches for the game (6dof mod included). The simulation experience will be significantly improved.  ;)

PM me if you need further info!

Bye!

Gabriele

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > So... how do I get this to work with IL-2 1946?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).