FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Disabling Built-in Mic on Webcam?

RSS >  Disabling Built-in Mic on Webcam?
sf4JC #1 20/09/2007 - 20h10

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 10/09/2007

Off line

Hello all, I just have a question for those of you who use TeamSpeak or Ventrillo with Freetrack.

I need to disable the built-in mic on the wbcam so that the only sound that gets broadcasted is from the headpiece microphone.  I tried to disable the built-in mic with the software, but that mutes both mic's.  I have the Logitech Quickcam IM webcam.  I'm also getting a lot of garbled sound when testing the headpiece mic.  It worked before the webcam good, but now, cannot understand much of anything coming from speakers.

The reason for disabling is, I need voice communication back to normal (Not capturing every sound in the room and garbled voice) and I think this might be the only way.  Anyway, any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

sf4JC
Edited by sf4JC on 20/09/2007 at 20h13.
einsena #2 20/09/2007 - 22h02

Registered on : 27/08/2007

Off line

sf4JC @ 20/09/2007 - 22h10 a dit:

Hello all, I just have a question for those of you who use TeamSpeak or Ventrillo with Freetrack.

I need to disable the built-in mic on the wbcam so that the only sound that gets broadcasted is from the headpiece microphone.  I tried to disable the built-in mic with the software, but that mutes both mic's.  I have the Logitech Quickcam IM webcam.  I'm also getting a lot of garbled sound when testing the headpiece mic.  It worked before the webcam good, but now, cannot understand much of anything coming from speakers.

The reason for disabling is, I need voice communication back to normal (Not capturing every sound in the room and garbled voice) and I think this might be the only way.  Anyway, any feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

sf4JC

open your Logitech Quickcam Software and try doing this
Posted Image

in my case i have another mic that's connected to my CPU, the motherboard in my CPU has a Realtek HD Audio device built in to it. but it shouldn't make a difference if you have another type of audio device.

the main thing is you should choose any other Audio Device other than your Logitech Mic to disable your Webcam Mic . hope this helps  B )

good luck!
Edited by einsena on 20/09/2007 at 22h03.
sf4JC #3 21/09/2007 - 00h25

Off line

Thanks!  I'll try that in the morning.  Something tells me though I tried that, but I cannot remember to what extent.  So I'll still give it a try.

sf4JC
sf4JC #4 21/09/2007 - 14h05

Off line

Welp, on arriving inside the Quickcam menu, I realized that YES, I had been there before with great displeasure.  So I fiddled with it as much as I could, and then fiddled with the desktop Volume Control to no relief as I did yesterday.

Then somehow I got into the Adjust Audio Properties menu inside the Volume Control panel.  And BANG!  It's working normally again.  WOW, wish I came accross that yesterday.

I have not received my 3-point hardware yet, but I'm putting the order in today for an assembled one.  I just thought I would get the webcam connected and working before I got the 3-point hardware installed.  And I'm glad I did, that would have been just another variable into the equation to figure out what may have been the problem.

Thanks for offering your help!  I may need some more help later, but hopefully not.

sf4JC
Edited by sf4JC on 21/09/2007 at 14h05.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > Disabling Built-in Mic on Webcam?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).