FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack doesnt work in Armed Assault 2!!

RSS >  Freetrack doesnt work in Armed Assault 2!!
Gnosis #46 01/07/2009 - 03h53

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 01/07/2009

Off line

It is sad to see how making money has become the centric motivation in game industry. Fans, also known as customers are misled with hype and empty promices when the whole situation should be opposite. Games should be made in a way that the kinda hype we encounter now on nearly every game release would be obsolete and the product would still reach even the highest stantards and requirements made, not by the industry, but the customers.

The current situation feels surreal cause, it´s like everybody in the game industry would have forget that we as customers, in the end, are the ones who make the game developement possible in the long run. Even the minority, like FT community- compared to allegedly enormously vast Tir community, should not be dismissed like Bis is doing right now. After all, we are still possible buyers of their product...

Currently, when the long anticipated moment comes and the game -that should atleast according to the publisher, developer and the janitor of the gamestudio, be the best game in the history of mankind- gets released, it turns out to be a public betatest --with a pricetag...Facepalm, anyone?!

Now, like the current situation would not be bad enough, it gets even more fubar when companies start to use monopoly as a blunt weapon in order to maintain their status quo. Doesn´t sound like a healty business model to me!

Personally i would love to see someone to find out a way to implement FT into arma2, even without a support from the developers, but based on the fact that NP devs(?) are sircling around Bis forums reading topics concerning diy tracking solutions i doubt that is going to happen. If someone finds a way to do this, someone, somewhere will suppress it asap. It is afterall against their business model to let anyone to "threat" their status quo.

Lastly, i want to apologies for creating such an eyesight killer as this post turned out to be as it really did not serve any real purpose. It´s just a one long rant...

Ps. I know, my english sucks!
Jorge.PT #47 01/07/2009 - 15h29

Registered on : 29/03/2009

Off line

Hello everyone.

It's pretty clear that will never see freetrack officially being supported in arma2.

The words of suma, clearly show that they have no intention of it, or to ever recognize the compromise they made with NP. But we did a great a job, by showing everyone what really is happening in the background of the headtracking market, and by making very clear that freetrack is not "illegal" as NP pretends to make it.

BI is wetting their pants, and it's clear that natural point is constantly putting pressure on them too, not only to keep the compromise in the shadows, but to not allow a arma2 freetrack thread that put their image at stake.

NP is trying to avoid the inevitable, that the headtracking market opens up to new products and companies. They are just a desperate, and digging their own grave.

Best regards,

Jorge.

PS:
@ NaturalPoint_Vincent: How does it feel, to be scared of a open source software and a bunch of gamers? Are you guys ready for the big game?
Bushlurker #48 01/07/2009 - 16h41

Registered on : 15/04/2009

Off line

*delete*
Edited by Bushlurker on 01/07/2009 at 16h44.
Bushlurker #49 01/07/2009 - 16h44

Off line

Bushlurker @ 01/07/2009 - 18h41 a dit:

Ferujo's been busy.....

Could everybody reading this please go here.....

http://www.petitiononline.com/arma2pet/petition.html

and sign the petition PLEASE! RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Thanks

B

Spkka #50 01/07/2009 - 18h25

Registered on : 30/06/2009

Off line

Damn i still hope they will consider it. I've send an email to bohemia last night as well. I don't get it. I can understand the trackIR guys as well ( commercial wise ). But come'on! Life is not only about money but also about fun. A little bit of competition is healthy. I will never ever buy a headtracking device this expensive. I hope that everyone that uses freetrack will send an email to bohemia. Please don't give up on the big guys..
Im sure we can do it. I just don't want to waste my 30 euros like it is now. I don't play any other game that is capable of using head tracking. Not that its such a big deal but its really sad freetrack isn't supported anymore.

If you never give up, failure is not an option!

Edit: Didn't read the above post. I signed the petition. All please do this else we will never get it!
Edited by Spkka on 01/07/2009 at 18h27.
Arrowhead #51 02/07/2009 - 01h41

Registered on : 30/04/2008

Off line

That's it. FreeTrack discussion is officially being surpressed on the BIS forums. Even with NO mention of their precious NP, threads will automatically be closed from now on. I think the message is quite clear from them now, they take their orders from NP. I've had enough of this bullshit.

They'll never consider implementing FreeTrack, pussy assholes can't even be straight with us.
Edited by Arrowhead on 02/07/2009 at 01h44.
Bushlurker #52 02/07/2009 - 02h30

Off line

Did you notice this guys thread.....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=77654

Don't think he'd searched - so he mentioned Freetrack in his post....

Sniperwolf (a moderator) closed his thread, telling him that if he wanted to talk about freetrack he could do it on the freetrack thread - and directed him to it...

Meanwhile Placebo (another moderator) closes the thread Sniperwolf is directing people to!

Sounds like Placebo is getting personal... some other mods have no idea theres an issue at all....
Edited by Bushlurker on 02/07/2009 at 02h36.
Quarrion #53 02/07/2009 - 08h09

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 09/10/2008

Off line

Placebo a dit:

As for Bohemia Interactive and Naturalpoint, it's a relationship that has benefited both parties. Everyone in this community knows how hard it has been for Bohemia Interactive to get PR coverage over the past few years, being associated with Naturalpoint helps our exposure as it helps their exposure

There's your problem.
the_soupdragon #54 02/07/2009 - 09h29

Registered on : 26/02/2008

Off line

Yep we really need someone to crack the 1.02 exe so BIS can shove their TIR units up their arses.
How can Suma say there is no monopoly when there is no way for any other headtracking device to work with ARMA, except by hacking the .exe file.  I call Bullshit on that one.
Truely if I had known this before I bought my copies (yes I bought 2 one German and one English) I really wouldn't have bothered.  And now with this NO we dont care about you attitude from BIS, they can go fuck themselves, this has really left a bad taste in my mouth.
This is from someone who has every one of the Armed assault series
OFP, RED HAMMER, ARMA, Queens Gambit & ARMA2 which I think will more than likely be the last one I buy.  Thank you BIS it was good while it lasted.

Someone PLEASE bring us a Freetrack crack.

SD
Bushlurker #55 02/07/2009 - 13h39

Off line

Everyone in this community knows how hard it has been for Bohemia Interactive to get PR coverage

Maybe we could get them some!
Anybody good at writing want to summarise the situation into a sort of "news article"and we could mass-mail it to every gaming site and magazine we can find addresses for...

B
Jorge.PT #56 02/07/2009 - 14h18

Registered on : 29/03/2009

Off line

That is just more of the same bulls***, everyone knows that the community and youtube, have done more for BI then NP will ever do.
dakeldu #57 02/07/2009 - 15h46

Registered on : 28/06/2009

Off line

I can imagine that BI can help to promote TIR , but the other way ? I bet most ppl from TIR community know about arma2 , so i dont see how BI benifits from TIR .

BI will just turn  out ( or already ? )  like any comapgny who get success .

I also wonder if its not due to 505 ? but anyways this all is just bull*** .

BTW Quarrion how long it did take you to do that fix ?

And like Jorge.PT said , community did help more to promote BI than TIR will ever do . i got myself on arma after watching some youtubes video , i wanted to bring some friends of mine to arma aswell but atm i doubt i will try more .

On other side im a bit noob with ft , made my own device for about one mth and its not very good :) , so my question is ( for ppl who made better FT device ) have u ever tried to manually bind all axes to the TIR keys in control ?

I can look left , right , up , down , zoom in and out and even lean with it ,  my FT device is a bit laggy ( not smooth , but due to materials i use its same in all games i tried , maybe i need to do some more tweakings , i  use green LEDs and normal webcam logitech clicksmart 510 and trying to get some red at least , untill i find IR leds ) .
Edited by dakeldu on 02/07/2009 at 16h33.
Zaphod #58 03/07/2009 - 10h14

Registered on : 29/04/2009

Off line

What's weird is that in the recent Basic Controls Dev Diary, Jan Prazak mentioned ALT + mouselook but didn't mention head tracking or TrackIR at all.
Ferujo #59 03/07/2009 - 15h48

Registered on : 22/05/2009

Off line

Please, sign the PETITION in order to ask Bohemia to implement FreeTrack in ArmA2. Here's the link: http://www.petitiononline.com/arma2pet/petition.html

See this video for more details: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm7tuJzSz7A
Spkka #60 04/07/2009 - 15h43

Registered on : 30/06/2009

Off line

So, when is this petition going to be shown at Bohemia?
I don't think these 100 petitions will convince them yet, no offense. I really hope they will listen.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack doesnt work in Armed Assault 2!!

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).