FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > WIIMOTE + FREETRACK + TRACK CLIP PRO...HEEEELP

RSS >  WIIMOTE + FREETRACK + TRACK CLIP PRO...HEEEELP, leds captation problems
=gRiJ=Kike #31 20/04/2009 - 06h05

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/03/2009

Off line

- I'm using XP64 pro (with XP32 Pro run fine too).
- Bluethoot hardware its Conceptronic CBTU2A (In Spain I was puchase for 9€)
The software that I use to make connection it's the same that the Conceptronic CBTU2A incorporate. (I don't use ITV Bluesoleil, I think that the software of this Conceptronic or the drivers, I think that are the same that use Bluesoleil).
- Led system that I use its Tack Clip Pro (3 leds), for my the best system for freetrack (40€...more or less).
- Freetrack 2.2
Dude27 #32 18/06/2009 - 16h55

Registered on : 18/06/2009

Off line

I have the same problem with the same configuration: Trackclip+Wiimote+Freetrack
in Freetrack whatever the treshold slider level, the capture is very unstable (it pass from 2-3 greens to 2-3 reds then back in a matters seconds) and of course unplayable in any game, the view jump like a mexican bean every now and then.

I use a very cheap BT dongle from Zonet and Bluesoleil, maybe it's the cause of my problem, I will try with a better BT dongle. But it's true that the red lights from the Trackirclip pro are very little points on the camera in Freetrack and the jitter is strong too.

I don't have any trouble to get the wiimote with Bluesoleil, all is green...

my config: Vista 32, Bluesoleil 6, wiimote, trackclip pro, zonet BT usb dongle, Freetrack 2.2, 3.00Ghz duo core+4gigs RAM+Nvidia9800GT+Sata 3 HardDrive
=gRiJ=Kike #33 19/06/2009 - 05h41

Off line

Dude27 @ 18/06/2009 - 18h55 a dit:

I have the same problem with the same configuration: Trackclip+Wiimote+Freetrack
in Freetrack whatever the treshold slider level, the capture is very unstable (it pass from 2-3 greens to 2-3 reds then back in a matters seconds) and of course unplayable in any game, the view jump like a mexican bean every now and then.

I use a very cheap BT dongle from Zonet and Bluesoleil, maybe it's the cause of my problem, I will try with a better BT dongle. But it's true that the red lights from the Trackirclip pro are very little points on the camera in Freetrack and the jitter is strong too.

I don't have any trouble to get the wiimote with Bluesoleil, all is green...

my config: Vista 32, Bluesoleil 6, wiimote, trackclip pro, zonet BT usb dongle, Freetrack 2.2, 3.00Ghz duo core+4gigs RAM+Nvidia9800GT+Sata 3 HardDrive

My first problem was that I have two wiimote and only one run perfectly with freetrack, I don't know why.

But the solution to take good captation it's to move the thresold bar with cursor to the left, not with mouse, and slowly, with little pulsation. In my case the thresold bar its a one cm., to the end of this bar (more or less), and the captation its perfect, reds points with 2 o 3 mm, more or less, not little points.

But, if you can, try with other wiimote...if this not run correctly.

Sorry for my English!!!
Dude27 #34 19/06/2009 - 15h49

Off line

My first problem was that I have two wiimote and only one run perfectly with freetrack, I don't know why.

Mmm, I already invested in one wiimote, don't want really to spend on another!

But the solution to take good captation it's to move the thresold bar with cursor to the left, not with mouse, and slowly, with little pulsation. In my case the thresold bar its a one cm., to the end of this bar (more or less), and the captation its perfect, reds points with 2 o 3 mm, more or less, not little points.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, using the treshold slidder, I can see the 3 points on the camera feedback screen even if they are small red points, no problem about that but it's connection that feel unstable: in the bottom right corner of freetrack, the indicators are erratic: the points passes from a correct connection (3 green spots) to 2 reds, 1 reds etc. and back... very unstable. And the jitter is always red in the 60s

But, if you can, try with other wiimote...if this not run correctly.

As I said, if I buy another wiimote, it's nearly the same as if I bought a used trackir pro 4 (around 80-90$)... (what I will do anyway if I can't have a stable head motion with freetrack!  :( )
=gRiJ=Kike #35 22/06/2009 - 05h05

Off line

Well in my case, to grasp correctly the LEDs not to capture (which describes you in your case), there is only one pulse of thresold to the right or left.
I think that the intensity of the LEDs of the track-clip is not the best for the Wiimote, but if you can say that there comes a moment that captures perfectly.
Try also to change a little corner of anclage-clip for the track, moving it slightly up or down, to capture the leds. The latter also have an influence on good recruitment.

About bad captation of one wiimote (in my case), probably it's due to my wiimote's was do skydiving without parachute one or two times ;)

Sry again for my English....I was use google-traslation... :wacko:
auch_enne #36 25/06/2009 - 19h17

Registered on : 25/06/2009

Off line

:( Here to report similar problem, tried it yesterday with a candle (one point) worked perfect, got the headclippro in the mail today... and it only picks up the ir when I hold it like 5 centimeter's from the wiimote... I have a wii with two wiimotes so tried both but both the same...

I hope somebody has a tip what I can do to get more ir output orso so the wiimote captures more.

Ow and I tried hooking up the trackclip in different usbports, with different devices in the addon usb plug it has but to no avail..

Anybody solved this thing?
Dude27 #37 25/06/2009 - 19h28

Off line

Ok, I change my Bluetooth dongle with a new one BT 2.01 instead of 1.23... and it work a bit better, seems more information is passing through the BT pipe, the signal is less erratic (more constant, more fluid).

Another thing that I notice is that you really have to tweak a lot the profile setting, the curves and the treshold slider to get a decent result (which is a pain in the neck).

and last when I use my hand to handle the trackclip pro, Freetrack see it very well with bigger red spots, but when I clip it to my big headset, suddenly the signal is much less fluid and constant, seeing with the same treshold setting smaller red spots and not as fluidly as with my hand handling the trackclip..... I will have to check another way to clip it near my hears, something on the head must distract the signal.

At last some test in LFS, GTR and First eagle are a bit more satisfactory now... still not that, but maybe with more tweaking...
Edited by Dude27 on 25/06/2009 at 19h30.
auch_enne #38 25/06/2009 - 20h04

Registered on : 25/06/2009

Off line

I got the Sitecom CN516 bluetooth dongle with toshiba stack, reported here http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Compatible_Bluetooth_Devices to work like a charm. Is there any other program to test with wiimote bluetooth compatibility?

Also what dimensions have you put in for the clip? I measured them but when I enter in those measurements I get less movement then with the default measurements. With the default measurements I get no X, Y or Z movement nor Roll. Just a little left and right up and down pivoting.

I played around with the treshold and now I get red dot like 20 to 25 centimeters from the wiimote, but even when I moved the monitor on which the wiimote is mounted closer up it still not enough to sit in driver position behind the wheel.

which is more like 35 40 centimeters from the wiimote, if I put the wiimote to close I get a to small camera angle and with a slight movement I move beyond the range of the camera.

The wiimote works like 5 or 6 meters from the original sensorbar with the wii, are those ir's so much stronger?

Thanks for any feedback or pointers in the right direction! Hope I can solve this and donate to FreeTrack instead of buying the monopolists TrackIr cam.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > WIIMOTE + FREETRACK + TRACK CLIP PRO...HEEEELP

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).