FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > WIIMOTE + FREETRACK + TRACK CLIP PRO...HEEEELP

RSS >  WIIMOTE + FREETRACK + TRACK CLIP PRO...HEEEELP, leds captation problems
=gRiJ=Kike #16 24/03/2009 - 07h46

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 13/03/2009

Off line

bibic0711 @ 24/03/2009 - 08h18 a dit:

After cross reference with tv remote, I figured that it's not the power of LED that can or cannot penatrate the filter, but wavelength of LED that can be penatrate the filter.  Even with a small power and right wavelength, the "dot" can be seen clearly by wiimote.

:)

What I think is that the wavelength of the LED and the uptake by the camera is only influenced by the IR filter.  I think thar the wiimote cam its a normal webcam with a good hardware rear, but a normal webcam.

My experience is that the filter of the original Wiimote is capable of capturing the leds of Track-cliop Pro. The freetrack for if it works, but does so with small cuts.

You commented you have removed the Wiimote's IR filter and have not managed to catch anything with other filters. It seems strange, since it should capture most if it makes a softer than the filter that incorporates the Wiimote.

Have you tried what you said, putting a filter milder freetrack turn on and play a little thresold if the lack of uptake was driven by this little "bug" in freetrack?

Thx!!
=gRiJ=Kike #17 26/03/2009 - 17h29

Off line

Good news.
I was purchase one new bluethoot device, exactly the Conceptronic CBTU2A/CBT200U2A.
No problem with connection of wiimote, no problems with captation of Track-Clip Pro, all its perfect with the software of this device+freetrack (no bluesoleil in this case....pfff)

The problems its the bluethoot device that I was use at first time.

EDIT : I was install again Windows XP64, and all its perfect too, I think that I have better captation in XP64 that under Windows XP32...why? I don't know, but it's better and the bluethoot device, the Conceptronic CBTU2A, has drivers for XP64.

Thx all!! :rolleyes:
Edited by =gRiJ=Kike on 03/04/2009 at 05h53.
bibic0711 #18 27/03/2009 - 00h32

Registered on : 12/11/2008

Off line

Good to hear, I wish I had learned this long ago before I built my own cap.  But then again I will be losing the fun out of DIY.

:D
Fanboy1337 #19 05/04/2009 - 21h01

Registered on : 03/04/2009

Off line

ok, here is my problem:

I can connect the mote to my VIsta 64bit pc, this program (Wiimote Data Visualizer) can actually read the output of my mote as well, but Freetrack can't :(
It detects IR-LEDs and everything it is just, that Freetrack won't allow me to start it.

Any ideas, anyone? pls?
Kind regards from Germany.
Setting up my Freetrack for www.jumpgateevolution.com
=gRiJ=Kike #20 06/04/2009 - 05h09

Off line

Maybe Thresold conf.?
Fanboy1337 #21 06/04/2009 - 10h52

Off line

=gRiJ=Kike @ 06/04/2009 - 07h09 a dit:

Maybe Thresold conf.?

thx for ur reply, but I have no clue what Thresold conf. is and what I should manipulate.
=gRiJ=Kike #22 06/04/2009 - 11h17

Off line

See button to the Play and Stop...just above of this buttons we have "Threshold" control, to the left big captation, to the right low captation...
In my case we dont have any problem, but when press "Star button" I need to touch this control to do captation....always...I dont know why but for my no matter to do this
Fanboy1337 #23 06/04/2009 - 11h53

Off line

ah! that threshold ^^ I already tried that :( the problem remains, the start button is greyed out
=gRiJ=Kike #24 06/04/2009 - 13h03

Off line

Ok....
I explain (in my English) how to run all:
But first....¿what bluethoot are you using?...And I'm very sorry for my English....but I think that you can read....

1- Uninstall ITV Bluesoleil
2- unsinstalla your bluethoot device and DISCONNECT
3- use CCCleaner to clean the registry (or other program)

4- Restart your system without bluethoot device.

5- After restart, install the bluethoot drivers:

2 posibilities :
A .- The program that install the bluethoot drivers confirm when insert this device.

b- The program that install the bluethoot drivers not confirm when insert this device.

No problem, if A its easy, if B Install the drivers, reboot, and after reboot insert your bluethoot device.
When the system confirm that your Bluethoot device it's installing and ok to use:

1- Run bluethoot program/manage to connect wiimote.
2- Run freetrack 2.2. and try again.

Try this solution, without ITV Bluesoleil and report.
If no solution, we will try using ITV BLuesoleil.
Fanboy1337 #25 06/04/2009 - 13h33

Off line

I use the Windows drivers (stack) and do not see how a registry clean would help, but I'll give it a try as soon as I have some more spare time.

I installed Bluesoleil 6 once (the latest one) and it actually worked with Freetrack, but I have several issues with BS:
- it is another program with lots of functions I will not use
- my Virus scanner says it includes a trojan in its library (though it is first hand software)
- Bluesoleil costs 20€ (and I won't use a crack)

I'd rather use the basic drivers that are either Window's own drivers or Widcom 6.0.1.4900 (as my integrated bluetooth is a broadcom device).

Well, as I said, I'll give the registry clean a try :)
=gRiJ=Kike #26 06/04/2009 - 16h05

Off line

And the program and original drivers from your bluethoot hardware?

Try first with this drivers. If you have the same problem, install bluesoleil that I explain.
But for my, the better solution, to purchase a good bluethoot hardware, install the drivers and 0 problems....in my case 9€ 0 problems (I'm not use ITV Bluesoleil, the soft of conceptronic that I have now, I think, its the same that ITV Bluesoleil use, but free with this hardware). I think that its better that to pay to ITV Bluesoleil and do the same problem.

With my old bluethoot hard., 5 days 300 problems....
Fanboy1337 #27 06/04/2009 - 17h02

Off line

the driver is said Widcom 6.0.1.4900

ya, i also considered to buy a simple bluetooth dongle that is known to work, but since I have integrated peripherals it'd be much smoother if i could use that :)
Edited by Fanboy1337 on 06/04/2009 at 17h05.
=gRiJ=Kike #28 07/04/2009 - 05h25

Off line

Fanboy1337 @ 06/04/2009 - 19h02 a dit:

the driver is said Widcom 6.0.1.4900

ya, i also considered to buy a simple bluetooth dongle that is known to work, but since I have integrated peripherals it'd be much smoother if i could use that :)

Yes, I think the same, try with your original hardware, it's better.
Ok., if you know your hardware, try to install the original drivers and software to connect wiimote and use freetrack, not ITV Bluesoleil, try to connect wiimote with original software and try to use with freetrack 2.2.

I was try the same like you, to use one bluethoot dongle that I have with a keyboard and mouse (Logitech MX5500) (why I need to purchase a new bluethoot dongle?), and I was try try try try....without solution.
The first solution was to purchase ITV Bluesoleil...I don't like a copy with crack...but...20€...¿expensive? Not and Yes
In this moment I have 2 bluethoot dongle, one for mi HTPC (MX5500), and other to fun with IL2 1946+freetrack+wiimote.
If you continue with problems....purchase a new bluethoot gongle today, this afternoon you will play perfectly with wiimote without problems.

I was try 5 days with my MX5500 bluethoot dongle....5 days!!!....It's better to pay for a new bluethoot dongle and fun the first day that your try.
wilbur #29 08/04/2009 - 16h02

Registered on : 08/04/2009

Off line

Kike: Did I undertsand you correctly:

you're using freetrack, wiimote with seperate Bluetooth dongle and the Naturalpoint TrackIr TrackClip PRO and it works fine?

I already have a wiimote, so I just have to buy a Bluetooth dongle (10$) and the Trackclip (35$) and it would work woth freetrack? :)
Fanboy1337 #30 09/04/2009 - 12h15

Off line

make sure the bluetooth dongle is known to work with the wiimote properly in the operating system u use

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : Tracking System > WIIMOTE + FREETRACK + TRACK CLIP PRO...HEEEELP

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).