FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > rFactor Won't start after installing Microsoft vx-3000

RSS >  rFactor Won't start after installing Microsoft vx-3000, Help please :-(
boshimi336 #1 24/08/2008 - 02h37

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 19/08/2008

Off line

I really am quite confused by this. I've managed to narrow it down to the webcam itself that is causing the problems, namely the software. Here's the catch though.

I'm able to run games like IL-2 with freetrack and the camera installed fine without any problems. I can't start rFactor, the rFactor logo pops up and then dissapears.

I did the restore function on windows xp sp2 to bring me back to before I installed the camera software and everything worked (no free track however) so I went and stuck the Microsoft LifeCam 1.4 disc in the tray, cancled out of the install and then plugged in the camear. Windows installed the drivers and I canceled out of the install again. I installed freetrack, IL2 ran, rFactor ran, it was all good. Then I went in and setup FreeTrack and got my three dots on my cap working and all that, then I went to start rfactor (no software installed yet) and it didn't work. O.o'

Seriously, I am very VERY frustrated by this. Does ANYONE have any idea on how to fix this issue? I've tried quite a few things:

reinstalling rFactor, reinstalling and uninstalling free track AND windows live cam software, restoring back before I installed the software and just installing the drivers, multiple combinations of the options above ... *sigh*

Just kind of sad at the moment. Spent a good chunk of money on getting the camera setup and a 3point cap (it works, needs to be fixed) and all that stuff.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Games and Profiles > rFactor Won't start after installing Microsoft vx-3000

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).