FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  head does not move at all
EncryptedToast #16 25/08/2010 - 14h06

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 25/08/2010

Off line

This thread appeals to me because I have a similar setup (and problems).   Let me see if I got this straight:

'Cam' tab - > 'Point size'

Try to reduce Min. point size. You should see cross on every light dot. That's indication FreeTrack sees points.

Maybe you don't need visible light filter at all. Threshold should be high (slider on right side). Dots are white, everything else is black.

I am using a cap with IR LEDs and the Cam is the same as the OP, vx 3000.

Should my settings be the same here or does the IR make it different?  The dots I see are red over the crosses, fuzzy around the edges.  THey also jitter all over the screen like madmen.

This is important because with '3 point clip' and 1 light source, head is not supposed to move.

Huh?  So the head model is NOT supposed to move?  The only way to test is within a game?  Am I reading this correctly?

Also, its recommended to change dot color to white.
- Go to 'Cam' tab
- Before starting tracking click on 'Stream'
- Change 'Color space / compression' to 'I420' (or anything else but RGB24/RGB32)

I tried this, doesnt make any difference.  Well, the colors on the screen are different but everything else is the same i.e. the 3 crosses jitter all over, they appear to follow the cap movement but the model doesnt move in concert with it.  It might bounce around a little but thats it.
nadrealista #17 25/08/2010 - 21h57

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 13/01/2010

Off line

1. Your settings should be the same (regard threshold and/or point size). If you see red dots then:
- Go to 'Cam' tab
- Before starting tracking click on 'Stream'
- Change 'Color space / compression' to 'I420' (or anything else but RGB24/RGB32)

Also, look at the picture I've posted in this thread. Note that cross is mark which indicates tracking point for FT.

2. No, I meant if you choose '3 points cap' model and have only 1 light source then head will remain still.
In your case you need to go to 'Model' tab and there you need to choose '3 point cap'. Don't forget to measure distances and enter these under model dimensions (in mm)

3. It's recommendation. I think it's stated in help file. It could make difference in FPS bcs I420 saves bandwidth, IIRC

If you have digital camera, make screen shot that way :)
Edited by nadrealista on 25/08/2010 at 21h58.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).