FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack 2.2 and wiimote problems.

RSS >  Freetrack 2.2 and wiimote problems.
Clutch #16 15/10/2008 - 04h07

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 07/10/2008

Off line

159th_Link @ 14/10/2008 - 09h40 a dit:

Also clutch, do you have msn or something so i can try talk to you and see how you got it working?

Check your PM's
MIKEYMC #17 15/10/2008 - 12h45

Registered on : 27/10/2007

Off line

Can you please explain how I setup the wiimote as a camera?! Ive connected by bluetooth but now I just cant find anything on the net that says how to turn it into a cam.
Clutch #18 15/10/2008 - 13h38

Off line

You don't have to do anything to turn it into a camera, it has a camera in it.  Once it's connected by bluetooth you just select it in Freetrack as the source and your all set.
MIKEYMC #19 15/10/2008 - 13h56

Off line

Done that but freetrack doesn't recognise it. I'm using a mini bluenext BT I got from ebay and vista 64bit using bluesoliel. The drivers don't seem to be working as they should (! mark on it in device manager). Getting frustrated now. All the sites on google mention using glovepie and some other things. All seems a bit complicated really. Thought it would be alot easier. Do you think it could be that my BT device isnt compatible. Can you tell or show me with a screenshot what your wiimote comes up as in device manager. Or let me know what driver it is using.
MIKEYMC #20 15/10/2008 - 14h10

Off line

Right I've gotten rid of bluesoliel and using just vistas BT program. Seems to be working alot better. Freetrack recognises it BUT it wont let press the start button to use it?!
Quarrion #21 15/10/2008 - 16h02

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 09/10/2008

Off line

microsoft bt is fubar, try a different bluesoleil version or the toshiba trial version, anything by ms
MIKEYMC #22 15/10/2008 - 16h43

Off line

Ok I'll try that instead. In device manager mine just comes up as a bluetooth HID device. Is that what it should say?
Clutch #23 15/10/2008 - 17h12

Off line

MIKEYMC @ 15/10/2008 - 11h43 a dit:

Ok I'll try that instead. In device manager mine just comes up as a bluetooth HID device. Is that what it should say?

Yep, thats it.
MIKEYMC #24 15/10/2008 - 17h24

Off line

Ok tried toshiba and seems to be working just aswell as the microsoft one. Still cant click on start in FT. My lights on the wiimote just keep flashing all four of them is that normal?
MIKEYMC #25 15/10/2008 - 18h36

Off line

Do I need to be using glovepie or anything. A step by step tutorial for getting this working would be great. Like recommended BT devices and software and so on.
Quarrion #26 16/10/2008 - 01h41

Class : Beta Tester
Registered on : 09/10/2008

Off line

it sounds like your adaptor is incompatible, i couldn't press start with the ms stack but i could with the blusoleil stack, check these lists

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Working_Bluetooth_Devices
http://www.wiili.org/index.php/Compatible_Bluetooth_Devices
Clutch #27 16/10/2008 - 03h05

Off line

You don't need glovepie.  Glovepie is a program that allows you to program the wii remote for various uses such as a remote control for Windows Media Player.  It has nothing to do with Freetrack.

To see if your BT device is compatible with Blusoleil, try this program that checks your hardware http://www.bluesoleil.com/download/index.asp?topic=hardwarecheck

Here are step by step instructions for using the wiimote.

(These steps are for blusoleil so if your using other software it may vary slightly. Other software should be fairly similar.  Note that some other software may ask for a securtiy code, if there is an option, skip the security code)

1. Install bluetooth device drivers/software.
2. Right click on bluetooth symbol in system tray, select Explore Bluetooth Places.
3. Press the 1 and 2 button on the wiiremote at the same time.  4 LED's on wiimote should flash.
4. While LED's are still flashing, double click Search Devices.
5. A icon that looks like a Joystick should appear in the window.
6. Make sure LED's are still flashing and right click on the Joystick Icon and select connect.  Your wiimote should now be connected and the LED's should continue flashing without pressing 1 and 2. (You can right click on the Joystick Icon and select status, this will give you a connection strength indicator)
7. Open Freetrack 2.2, select wii remote as source, click start, the LED's will stop flashing and stay solid.

After doing this for the first time, as long as you don't power off the Wiimote, you can just open Freetrack and begin using.  If you power off the Wiimote for any reason, begin with step 6
This should be all you have to do.
sorbifer #28 16/10/2008 - 07h58

Registered on : 15/10/2007

Off line

Is it possible with that BlueSoleil to skip the 2nd time connection? I would like to have a situation that after a successful connection the first time e.g. on the next day it is enough to power ON Wii remote and BlueSoleil should find and connect it automagically... I hope it can possible. Any hints how to get it working like that?

Sorbifer.
MIKEYMC #29 16/10/2008 - 09h22

Off line

Backed up everything on my pc last night will re-install vista tonight. Everytime I try to install the latest bluesoleil it always fails halfway and rolls off any changes. I have three BT devices to chose from a mini one from ebay called bluenext seems to work an old one I got ages ago which I think works but Im not going to use it and one I bought fro tescoes which is on the wii compatability list as working. Fingers crossed.
Clutch #30 16/10/2008 - 19h30

Off line

sorbifer @ 16/10/2008 - 02h58 a dit:

Is it possible with that BlueSoleil to skip the 2nd time connection? I would like to have a situation that after a successful connection the first time e.g. on the next day it is enough to power ON Wii remote and BlueSoleil should find and connect it automagically... I hope it can possible. Any hints how to get it working like that?

Sorbifer.

Only way to do this is don't power off the Wii Remote when your not using it.  It doesn't eat up the battery when you leave it on because it's not being used.  So until you need to change the battery's you can just open FT and go.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack 2.2 and wiimote problems.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).