FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack detecting movement, but nothing happens ingame

RSS >  Freetrack detecting movement, but nothing happens ingame, war thunder + freetrack
bobtch #1 24/05/2013 - 14h22

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 24/05/2013

Off line

Hello everyone. I just started using Freetrack and I had some trouble setting it up. It somewhat worked on my first install, but I did not have it configured. Eventually I managed to configure it so that the first person view was responding very well, but then it completely stopped working ingame.

I don't remember what exactly I did to cause this, and to be fair I can't think of what could possibly do it. My facetracknoir also stopped working, but I managed to fix it by reinstalling it. I also tried reinstalling freetrack again, which then broke the facetrackinoir once more. Not sure what the hell is causing this, but it's essentially broken and I can't get it to work in War Thunder at all.

I thought that the problem might be TIRView.dll, but I also deleted that and did another reinstall/restart to no avail. I read a thread with a similar problem, but the player wrote he had to do a Windows reinstall. I don't really want to go through that in order to fix this. There's got to be a solution and a reason for this to happen. This is what I've done so far:

- Reinstalled FaceTrackNoIR and FreeTrack 2.2 a number of times
- Restarted PC
- Re-did control settings in War Thunder numerous times
- Checked anti-virus software to see if it's blocking something
- Tried it with Cam driver on and off
- Tried fiddling with all settings I could in FaceTrack

Not sure what else to do... I don't want to reinstall windows and if that's the solution then the problem must be some kind of corrupted file/registry entry. Do you have any ideas? Please, if anyone could help out it would be much appreciated. I just started collecting the required tools to make a 3-point IR cap but it's going to be a waste if I can't get the game to recognize this software first. :(

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Apologies, friends! I solved my problem via this topic:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/10031-wiki-using-trackir-or-freetrack-with-warthunder/
Edited by bobtch on 24/05/2013 at 15h46.
Stormrider #2 24/05/2013 - 15h49

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Hi,
Maybe you can use system restore to go back to the point where it worked.Sometimes it works.
Greetz Stormrider

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack detecting movement, but nothing happens ingame

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).