FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  will not work in windows 7
hpwells #1 06/04/2013 - 16h54

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 05/01/2013

Off line Mail

Please help. I had the program working DCS KA-50  ok with windows xp but since than I have switched to win7  installed v2.2 and when I start the program, select the camera, click start error message "Free Track.exe has stoped working, Close program.  What can I do?  add min mode will not work either.  I have a 32bit system and I am using the PRO CLIP.
Stormrider #2 06/04/2013 - 17h40

Class : Légende du Forum
Registered on : 02/01/2013

Off line

Hi,

did you try compability mode???You can run freetrack as admin and  as
win xp sp3.
Right click on freetrack.exe-- click on propertie---choose compability mode and
choose win xp sp3.

greetz Stormrider
hpwells #3 06/04/2013 - 21h26

Off line Mail

I did that and when I opened free track, same message
Stormrider #4 06/04/2013 - 22h06

Off line

first we need to determine if the problem is caused by freetrack or by your webcam.Do you still use that ps3-eye?
Because I think that your problem is caused by your ps3-eye.
This what I should do if I had this problem:

1) unplug the ps3-eye,
2) do a complete removal of the ps3-eye, use revo-uninstaller for
a complete removal.
3)turn of UAC(user account control)
4)instal the software, plug in the ps3-eye if promped.

Is it possible you have the wrong driver/software?

This is all I can do for you for now.But tomorrow I will spent some more time in reading about ps3-eye.Iam just curious what can make it not working for you.

greetz Stormrider
Edited by Stormrider on 06/04/2013 at 22h07.
hpwells #5 06/04/2013 - 22h55

Off line Mail

Hello  Yes I do use the PS3 eye and when I plug my PRO CLIP in there is no software needed and then when I plug my cameras into the jack from the Pro Clip It automatically downloads the driver for the camera. Iam not sure how to disable the UAC but I have the option to open the program with or without it in win-7.  I think that I uninstalled everything right, I used the add/remove program in the C:/ hard drive.
hpwells #6 07/04/2013 - 00h20

Off line Mail

I downloaded revo uninstall and cleaned up everything.
hpwells #7 07/04/2013 - 00h21

Off line Mail

woops, forgot to say that it still would not work.
Stormrider #8 07/04/2013 - 11h47

Off line

Hi hpwells,
if you want to turn of UAC, go to your accountsetting tab where you can change your password, there you can also change the settings
for UAC.It is called something like "settings for user account control"
I have a dutch version of windows, so I don't know the right name.
you wrote:  when I plug my cameras into the jack from the Pro Clip It automatically downloads the driver for the camera.

If you plug it in, Windows looks for drivers and installs them, but sometimes those are not the best.On the cable of my webcam is written: "first install the software,
plug in the webcam if asked for"
This is what I should do, unplug the ps3-Eye, uninstall everything(software,drivers again).Use google to find a driver(maybe on this site?)
http://codelaboratories.com/downloads/
.download driver, install driver and if that all is done
you can plug in the ps3-eye.
maybe useful link
http://forum.free-track.net/index.php?showtopic=2416
If this doesn't help, I realy don't know what else you can do.I only hope that someone else who has got it working can and will help you.

greetz Stormrider
hpwells #9 07/04/2013 - 15h38

Off line Mail

I did just as you said.  Camera is working however I still cannot connect to free Track.  same message (Free Track .exe has stopped working) no mater what I do.  Thanks anyway for your help, I will keep trying.
hpwells
SoanoS #10 10/04/2013 - 08h51

Registered on : 10/04/2013

Off line

I had the same problem with my Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate, but it cleared up as soon as I set the FreeTrack.exe to Run as Administrator.
jayta98 #11 24/04/2013 - 16h31

Registered on : 08/04/2013

Off line

I installed the lastest CL Eye driver. I then plug in the ps3 camera. If i open Cl eye test I can see the camera working. I extit Cl eye test. I downloaded the lastest version of freetrack and run it. I select ps3 camera. i hit stream and pick the 1st option at 30 fps. I wait about 5 secs and I hit start. The thinking icon comes up and 5 seconds later it says that freetrack stopped responding and it needs to close.

I'm running windows 7 64 bit. I tried uninstalling everything, disable UAC and reinstalling everything as suggested. I'm statrting to think that is just not going to work. Any suggestions?

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).