FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Follow-up: using freetrack as a mouse

RSS >  Follow-up: using freetrack as a mouse, scrolling pages problem
xxtraloud #1 14/05/2012 - 19h33

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 10/03/2012

Off line

I apologize for opening two consecutive threats. However my frustration keeps ramping up. After I invested quite a few hours between ordering parts, building a model, troubleshooting the software now I find out that use in a three point model to scroll is totally useless. I set the scroll to Roll because I wanted to scroll up and down pages by tilting my head left and right and then just use Yaw and Pitch to navigate around. However I discovered that when I scroll down unless I keep my head tilted the page goes back to the starting position. This is unusable for scrolling. At this point I might have to convert my three point model to a one point model.

I know 99% of people here use this for gaming but if anybody has any advice for this kind of setup I would really appreciate.
Edited by xxtraloud on 14/05/2012 at 19h33.
Steph #2 14/05/2012 - 21h22

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Try Headmouse: http://robotica.udl.cat/
Works without head-mounted LEDs, just face-tracking.

Edit:
Ok, I just read your post in the other thread.
Sorry, no idea for PS3Eye.
But since it works with normal unmodified webcams look for a cheap one in the list oft Headmouse.
Edited by Steph on 14/05/2012 at 21h28.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Follow-up: using freetrack as a mouse

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).