FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  S Multiplier?
didd #1 22/03/2012 - 09h49

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 22/03/2012

Off line

Does anybody know what the 'S Multiplier' is? It is in the bottom left hand corner of the FreeTrack window and usually reads 1.0.

My problem is that when I move closer in the Z axis, this number changes to >1.0, the number becomes boxed in yellow and pitch and yaw become 'frozen'.

This make panning a view whist zoomed in almost impossible.

I have noticed that the zoom smooting multiplier acts as a multiplier to this number but doesn't change the behaviour in any way. i.e. when it's yellow pitch and yaw are inoperative regardless of the aboslute value of the number.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Didd
Steph #2 22/03/2012 - 11h00

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

S Multiplier is the smoothing multiplier value.

My problem is that when I move closer in the Z axis, this number changes to >1.0, the number becomes boxed in yellow and pitch and yaw become 'frozen'.

That's what it's for.
The zoom smoothing multiplier increases smoothing to stabilise view, when you zoom in. This makes your zoomed view more stable.
Posted Image

when it's yellow pitch and yaw are inoperative regardless of the aboslute value of the number.

Even when you reduce this value  to 1?
didd #3 22/03/2012 - 11h46

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 22/03/2012

Off line

Thanks for the quick reply,

With zoom smoothing multiplier at 1, when I move closer to the webcam, the value of S multiplier increases to ~53. With zoom smoothing multiplier set higher, S multiplier increases to higher values, and yes looking closer, the amount of 'freeze' does indeed change.

I have just tried what you suggest in Falcon BMS and you are absolutely right. I have reduced the zoom smoothing multiplier to 1 and all is well (if a little sensitive now!). I thought I had tried this already, but obviously not.

Thanks for your timely advice and help. Fantastic software/website

Didd

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).