FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > How to setup freetrack for first time.

RSS >  How to setup freetrack for first time.
startrekmike #1 02/01/2012 - 05h27

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 27/12/2011

Off line

When I open the program for the first time, what steps should I immediately take? what information must I plug into the freetrack software for it to properly read the movements of my 3 point LED clip?

I only ask because I can't seem to get the things to work properly and I know it must be my settings (I am not really clear on how to do initial setup).

Does the camera need to be a certain distance from the clip?

Is the camera location on top of the monitor important? (should it be in front of the clip or my face?)

should I measure my clip and input it into the software (I used the default dimensions to build it)?

what kind of setting for curves and such would be good to start off from?

I really only plan to use this software for DCS games and while I can get somewhat decent results with A-10, I cannot get good results with Blackshark.

I am sorry for spamming the forums, but I just got this setup and have been banging my head against the wall trying to get the settings correct.

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks for reading.

Mike
Steph #2 02/01/2012 - 11h20

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

Hi Mike,

Does the camera need to be a certain distance from the clip?
Is the camera location on top of the monitor important? (should it be in front of the clip or my face?)

Normally with the webcam on top of the PC screen it's ok. Place the webcam in front of our face.

should I measure my clip and input it into the software (I used the default dimensions to build it)?

Yes, It's important to measure as accurate as possible the clip dimension, (fill in as "Model dimensions"), as well as the dimensions of the position in relation of your head, (fill in as "Model position"). Reference point "R" is the middle LED of the three-point-clip.

what kind of setting for curves and such would be good to start off from?

This depends on the gameoutput and your own preference. It seems to me, that the Freetrack version 2.2 is more sensible then before, so tune down the default profile game adjustments sensitivity can be helpful for beginners.

I think your problem is the "Model position" setup.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > How to setup freetrack for first time.

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).