FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > How to add webcam to source and Win 7 compatibility question

RSS >  How to add webcam to source and Win 7 compatibility question
Kuikka #1 28/10/2011 - 19h25

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 28/10/2011

Off line

Greetings

I had Freetrack in operating fine few months ago when I had XP as my OS. When I changed to Win 7 64bit OS Freetrack hasn't worked since then. First I thought it might be a webcam issue as older Creative webcam didn't seem to support Win 7 (it wasnt possible to install drivers for example). Today I bought a cheap Creative Live! Cam chat HD (VF0700) which has the properties I need but I still have problems to get FT working.

The problem is that FT only shows this "demo video" (three dots moving by themselves) which is also the only source - how I can add my webcam to source list?

Other question about this program. I have downloaded the FT 2.2 version, read many mixed comments about FT's compatibility with Win 7. Do I need patch/fix to get this work or is 2.2 already compatible with 64-bit OS?

I would like to continue playing IL 1946, RoF + DCS: BS with this fine program so I appreciate if someone helps a bit.

My system specs:

AMD Phenom II 955 X4 3,2Ghz
Asus M4N78
Chieftec A135 550W
4GB DDR2 800
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Windows 7 64b

Freetrack location in program files for 32-bit programs: C:/Program Files (x86)/FreeTrack
Blindasabat #2 28/10/2011 - 19h57

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 02/05/2011

Off line

Hello Kuikka,

Try installing the camera driver first and then FreeTrack.
Tough I don't think that the Creative Live! camera is going to work with FreeTrack as it is on the not compatible list (can't turn off autoexposure), unless they fixed that with newer drivers.

Check the camera page for compatible camera's.
Kuikka #3 28/10/2011 - 22h27

Registered on : 28/10/2011

Off line

Hm, my previous webcam was Creative Live Camera as well, although it was a few years older model. These Creative webcameras, as far as I'm technically aware of it, have options where one can set exposures and other settings freely so I see no problem from this direction, unless webcam combatibility has been coded into this program.

I'll try reinstalling FT and see if it has an effect. Thank you for answering.
ADHS #4 30/10/2011 - 09h42

Registered on : 13/10/2011

Off line Www

Only Demo mode means that your camera is not exists.
Try to find drivers for Vista.
Most hardware that don't cooperate with win 7 suggest this.
Edited by ADHS on 30/10/2011 at 09h43.
What if i am Hellenas, while the Earth wars prevents me to give the ability to the whole humanity to reach the Galaxies ?
ROOB1984 #5 01/03/2012 - 10h57

Registered on : 06/07/2008

Off line

@ADHS: Thanks for the advice with the Vista driver, it worked for me. I hat to rum it first als an administrator, but now works.

regards

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > How to add webcam to source and Win 7 compatibility question

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).