FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack solution for low vision question?

RSS >  Freetrack solution for low vision question?
Gooxer #1 23/10/2011 - 20h38

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 23/10/2011

Off line

I just got freetrack running on my system, with the intent to add a little flavour to some old titles i own.
But i got really excited, when i started to see it could solve a problem i struggled with.

My mother has Retinitis Pigmentosa, which causes tunnel vision.
Her vision is a few degrees in each eye, but what she can see, is clear and crisp :)
And she uses her pc and internet daily for banking and email etc.

this is where my problem lies,
All the low vision software solutions are mostly intended for people with overall low vision and therefor not helpfull for dear mum!
the main problem is that she constantly lose sight of her mouse pointer,
this problem i can now circumvent with freetrack!

But i was wondering if there is a way to get the z-axis assigned to zoom in and out in windows, with zoom centered on the area around the mouse pointer ?

And is freetrack compatible with any low vision software ?
If not, would the freetrack team like to check if there are combatible solutions in the low vision niche (like dolphin's SuperNova, which she uses now) ?

thank you for this uberdope product ,
Eelco
Steph #2 24/10/2011 - 10h26

Class : Moderator
Registered on : 16/11/2007

Off line

But i was wondering if there is a way to get the z-axis assigned to zoom in and out in windows, with zoom centered on the area around the mouse pointer ?

Hi Eelco,

try the keyboard emulation in combination with mouse output  and you need at least three point for tracking with z-axis.

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > Freetrack solution for low vision question?

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).