FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Freetrack freezes often with ARMA2
zwiebacksaege #1 18/05/2011 - 05h47

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 27/08/2007

Off line

Hi mates!

i'm a proud freetrack user for over 4? years now. The software always worked fine to me.
Now using it with ARMA2 and Operation Arrowhead gives me unsolvable problems:

ARMA2 crashes the first time I try to start it while freetrack is running - ok its a known bug and you just may start ARMA twice or start freetrack afterwards.

but: Freetrack seems to have a problem with a return to desktop out of ARMA2. It often freezes when returning from ARMA2 to the desktop... randomly... sometimes after 2 returns and sometimes the first or third time. I tried disabling all options in freetrack without changes.. Only way to stop freetrack then is killing over task manager.

I assume it has something to do with the change from one direct3d app to the other? so is there maybe some hidden option to disable the 3d output in freetrack completely?

second thing is:
freetrack gets very flickering if it is in competition with a cpu demanding app. In my case: when ARMA2 gets CPU demanding in bigger missions, freetrack starts to flicker like hell. Only way to solve is to set precess priority to higher for freetrack. But i have to do it manually everytime because freetrack does not allow to change the priority by startup script. Maybe you guys could consider this for the next version.

thanks!
Edited by zwiebacksaege on 18/05/2011 at 05h51.
patrikje #2 18/12/2011 - 01h42

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 07/08/2009

Off line

Having the same problem, after having alt+tabbed 2 or 3 times freetrack freezes. Freetrack works fine with other games(FSX and Test Drive unlimited).

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).