FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Low camera FPS.
Johannes #1 11/04/2011 - 23h22

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 11/04/2011

Off line

Hello everyone.

Today i built myself a 3led clip for my hat.
The program works fine and is very useful for me when i fly VFR flights, but there is one problem. The moving is not smooth.
Free track software only gets 6fps out of my webcam.
I did a test recording with my webcam and i got 30fps. I have tried everything. playing with sensitivity and smoothness did not help. Installed the newest directX 9, set the freetrack.exe priority to "realtime", changed affinity to CPU 0, but none of this helped.
I also wanted to update my webcam drivers, but i could not find any for it.
I am using a HP Compaq CQ61-220SN laptop.

I also had my webcam running, and i was just putting away my cap, and i noticed that when i was in the "frame" for only 10% that my webcam covers the fps was better. right now when i'm sitting in front of my webcam, the fps doesent seem to be 30. Could that be the problem? And how could i fix it?

I also use the software with all my lights out, because when i have them on, the software cannot find my LED's correctly. I'm using IR leds.

Any help is appreciated.

Johannes.
Blindasabat #2 13/08/2011 - 21h00

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 02/05/2011

Off line

Another better late than never. :)

Low FPS is mostly caused by the auto-exposure setting for your webcam, try and see if you can turn it off. If you can't then your webcam simply isn't compatible with Freetrack.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).