FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Skull head does not move.
cxtpang #1 05/01/2011 - 04h53

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 05/01/2011

Off line

Hi.

I have not use my FT for 3 months. It use to work fine before, but it does not work now.
My webcam can sense 4 LED lights moving on the right side, but the skull head on the left side does not move.
Please help!!
number3 #2 19/01/2011 - 04h03

Registered on : 23/12/2010

Off line

I too am having the same problem.  The video output from the software shows that my room is completely black and my 3 point cap model show up without a problem, but the skull doesn't move at all.

Any help?  I've been reading the documentation on the website, but it doesn't address the issue of the skill isn't moving or what it is that one should do.

I can see that the app goes from 20 fps to 19 fps.

I am completely lost at this point.  The documentation is very detailed as to what most functions do but I get the feeling that the assumption is that everything should just work once you turn everything on.

Can I get some help please!!?!

I am using the 3 point cap model

I'm on windows vista.

I downloaded v2.2 of freetrack.

I have a Microsoft Lifecam VX-1000.
Edited by number3 on 19/01/2011 at 04h21.
wesleychef #3 23/01/2011 - 22h27

Registered on : 23/01/2011

Off line

mine does not work either i am running
4 gigs ram
quad core 2.6 processor
vista
microsoft v-1000
i can see the led and no head movement really is making me mad i please help
Wermut #4 13/02/2011 - 17h28

Registered on : 18/09/2009

Off line

I had this problem earlier... I solved it by making sure Freetrack knows that I'm using a 3 point setup.

Go into the Model tab on the top-right, and select your setup. For me, that was the 3 point clip setup.

Make sure to calibrate your rig by putting in the right model dimensions and position!

I hope that helps.
jgutteri #5 03/05/2012 - 20h55

Registered on : 03/05/2012

Off line

Yep I had this issue too.

To solve: increase the maximum diameter and decrease the minimum diameter in the program of the LEDs.

This tells the the program that your dots are within a different range than what it's looking for.   :)
jgutteri #6 03/05/2012 - 20h58

Registered on : 03/05/2012

Off line

P.S. you'll know it's picked up the LEDs when a crosshair shows up on each one.  Keep increasing the diameter until all LEDs have a crosshair on them.  The reason for having these limits is so the program doesn't pick up other light sources (e.g. a desk light will have a huge diameter, so by setting a maximum diameter it won't pick that one up).
TheFabFour #7 29/05/2012 - 04h34

Registered on : 18/12/2009

Off line

here is something that I've noticed if you use the pause function that will end the use of your free track software.  I was helping a friend set up his free track and he had a problem because he wanted to us the pause function.  I tried with sucess to emulate his problem and as soon as I use the pause function my free track quit working as well.  Anyone heard of this bug?

Metabo
TheFabFour
El Fueda #8 29/12/2012 - 00h14

Registered on : 28/12/2012

Off line

i'm also using a vx-1000 microsoft webcam and also have the same problem. maybe this problem is related with this specific camera model. i tried changing the point size tolerance as someone suggested, but still it didn't work. the interesting thing is that i can make it work by using a program called Manycam. i set my webcam as Manycam's video source and then set Manycam's virtual webcam as the video source within the Freetack software. i found this topic looking for a way to eliminate the use of Manycam, for a number of reasons.

a detail is that my webcam's raw output appears as black and white and as Manycam's output it shows as red, both without any color filtering. i don't know why it happens, but maybe the Freetrack software requires its video input to be red in order to be recognized, who knows?

for the record, the VX-1000 i use for this was modified with the change of its original infrared blocking filter for an IR pass filter, which blocks only visible light.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).