FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Keyboard controls?, 6 degrees of movement
nakedsquirrel #1 23/08/2010 - 21h26

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 23/08/2010

Off line

I use a mouse to look around in flight sims, but many of these games have the Z axis for TrackIR and Freetrack locked and unavailable for me to change in game options

I have noticed there are options for both mouse and Keyboard, but I have not been able to get them to work.  The Mouse box is grayed out and I can not click on it, and when I assign keys under the "keyboard" tab, nothing seems to happen.

I also notice when I click "Start" Freetrack tends to crash, I am assuming because I do not have a web-cam enabled.

I am hoping the program will allow me to use the keyboard to move my head (In game) on the X and Y axis.  Has anyone had luck in this area?
nadrealista #2 24/08/2010 - 07h47

Class : Habitué
Registered on : 13/01/2010

Off line

I think you got it wrong.
Freetrack is used for translating head ("equipped" with (IR) light sources) movements into head (view) movements in games.

'Mouse' and 'keyboard' options in FT means that upper mentioned head movement would transliterate to mouse movements or keyboard's keys strokes (helps handicapped persons).

Also, every game should have 'view movements' already enabled through mouse and/or keyboard. Zoom in mouse is usually through wheel. Numpad part of kyb is used for head movement too. You can also try Page Up and Page Down keys. For zoom it might be NUM + and NUM - (HOME and END). It's up to game and if you look in options of game, I'm sure you'll find it.

Also, PPJoy might help you. I'm not familiar with setting it up, sorry.

If I misunderstood you - sorry :)

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).