FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

RSS >  Free track crash on camera start
sp4m #1 10/05/2010 - 15h38

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 10/05/2010

Off line

hello! I'm just getting started with this, and I'm having a little trouble.
win7 x64, "HP-Starter" webcam, both are generally reliable and functional.

I can start up free track just fine, but when I hit "start," I get a few seconds of very high contrast video... RED background, and BLACK highlight for shadows. The camera display is accurate (tracking is unconfigured), and after 1-2 seconds, Free Track crashes.

No error messages, just "program has stopped responding."

Error log says this:

Faulting application name: FreeTrack.exe, version: 2.1.2.264, time stamp: 0x2a425e19
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x75015eb0
Faulting process id: 0x125c
Faulting application start time: 0x01caf0568062a2d0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeTrack\FreeTrack.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: c0a57890-5c49-11df-a01d-001bfc9c82cd

Any ideas?
slaver1 #2 11/05/2010 - 09h07

Registered on : 08/02/2010

Off line

When you press START button treshold-slider is set max to right?
sp4m #3 11/05/2010 - 15h37

Off line

Amazing!
When I set the threshold to max, it doesn't crash. I can then slide it back until I get a recognizable image, and it crashes at that point.

What's going on there?

Do I need this ps3eye fix still? I wasn't able to run the 2.2 (beta) version on Win7x64...

I imagine if I had some IR LEDs, those might be visible with full threshold, but I read in the "Rise of Flight" forum that it's possible to do head tracking without IR LEDs... like, freetrack uses facial recognition. Is that possible?
slaver1 #4 12/05/2010 - 12h53

Off line

When I set the threshold to max, it doesn't crash. I can then slide it back until I get a recognizable image, and it crashes at that point.

It sound like image proccesing hang/error. I had that problems when freetrack saw to many points on capture screen and simply overload CPU.

Do I need this ps3eye fix still? I wasn't able to run the 2.2 (beta) version on Win7x64...

Yes. This FIX may solve that kind of problems but use it with latest freetrack version 2.2.0.279. Write if that help.

I imagine if I had some IR LEDs, those might be visible with full threshold

You may use freetrack with normal RED LED but it is harder to filter from rest of day light.

I read in the "Rise of Flight" forum that it's possible to do head tracking without IR LEDs... like, freetrack uses facial recognition. Is that possible?

There is free FACE API SDK available on internet wich i think can by integrated in freetrack. If someone can kick developers in ases please do this;D Last change in freetrack repository code was in february...
sp4m #5 12/05/2010 - 14h43

Off line

Thank you for your excellent advice! I'll get some IR LEDs this weekend, and see about making a hat.

The Webcam I use has 6 IR LEDs mounted on it.... it looks like this:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41eC4WWFnOL._SL500_.jpg

Do you think I could just use reflective tape, since I have an IR source already?
Do you think I will need to remove an IR filter from the camera, or is it likely that it doesn't have one, since it is designed to run in low light?
slaver1 #6 12/05/2010 - 19h33

Off line

Do you think I could just use reflective tape, since I have an IR source already?

Yes some people doing this that way of corse it is harder to make it not losing tracking but if integrated ir LEDs have good power it should by doable. You should know that when playing you canot wear any other reflective things.

Do you think I will need to remove an IR filter from the camera, or is it likely that it doesn't have one, since it is designed to run in low light?

Dont know. If camera if designed to work in low light and have integrated ir LEDs so mayby there is no ir filter or ir filter is weak. First try find info about removing ir filter, try using it with ir filter then if not satisfied remove it.

>  Fast reply

>  Stats

2 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 2 guest(s)).