FreeTrack Forum

Welcome, you're not connected. ( Log in - Register )

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > recognize it, but a skull model does not move

RSS >  recognize it, but a skull model does not move, from Japan
HIDEvito #1 27/04/2010 - 07h23

Class : Apprenti
Registered on : 27/04/2010

Off line

I write in it from Japan. (windowsXP)

I used freetrack2.2.0.279 (wii remote) after a long absence.
All start recognizes wii remote on freetrack in like boyhood before and recognize three points of IR well
The coordinate displayed with a 3D skull model changes to the movement
However, an important 3D skull model does not move
What kind of cause will be thought about?
Edited by HIDEvito on 29/04/2010 at 10h54.
petroleus #2 01/05/2010 - 19h05

Registered on : 12/04/2010

Off line

Lol, translators are always lots of fun :P

Uhm, the first thing I think of is the FSX option being enabled.

If you go to 'Output >> Main' uncheck the "SimConnect - Flight Simulator X"
and see if it works then (by the way, with this option enabled, although Freetrack doesn't show it, it does work properly ingame)
HIDEvito #3 02/05/2010 - 06h28

Off line

Thank you for your reply.
I changed an option.
However, it does not move in FSX.
By the way, does it move in a game even if a 3D model does not move?
Thank you

http://imagepot.net/view/127278303201.jpg
http://imagepot.net/view/127278303358.jpg
http://imagepot.net/view/127278303516.jpg
Edited by HIDEvito on 02/05/2010 at 07h03.
petroleus #4 04/05/2010 - 15h35

Registered on : 12/04/2010

Off line

uhmmmm. a bit puzzled here. Your picture show that freetrack IS registering the movements, but is NOT assigning that to an axis. In other words: the coordinates that are changing are freetrack registering your actual head moving, but  "Yaw:   "  should give you the amount of degrees the your virtual head is moving. I've tried setting all parameters to 0, but still got minor movements, so I don't think it's that. But just to be sure: In "Global" you see several sliders, 6 for sensitivity and 6 for smoothness. For the time being set all of them around half-way. Now go to the "profile" tab and do the same for the sliders over there.

If this still doesn't solve it I am not really sure. the only way I could replicate your pictures was to change the axis mapping. in the same "Profile" tab, to the immediate left of the sliders, there is a "map" collumn. Here you tell freetrack what axis of actual movement to use as axis in the virtual movement. The only way I could totally remove the virtual movement was to set all of these mappings to "none". I highly doubt you have them set to that, but it's the only thing I can think of. Naturally: the "Yaw" axis should have "Yaw" mapped to it, and the "Pitch" axis should have the "Pitch" axis mapped to it. Unless perhaps you got your wiimote mounted sideways, but that is something you can always change in the end. For now just map them to default values.

if that didn't work, perhaps you could upload more screenies showing your settings for profile, model, Global, and things like that, cause I'm not sure where to go from here.

Petroleus
HIDEvito #5 06/05/2010 - 00h43

Off line

Thank you for replying.

I tried FREETRACK uninstallation and installation sometimes.
About the check item, I tried just after a reinstallation and every thing.
However, there was not able to be the thing that a 3D model moves.

I think.
Malfunction may occur in DirectX or Windows.

Thank you

>  Fast reply

FreeTrack Forum > FreeTrack : English Forum > Support : FreeTrack Software > recognize it, but a skull model does not move

>  Stats

1 user(s) connected during the last 10 minutes (0 member(s) and 1 guest(s)).